Sunday, January 21, 2007

Greetings from the Late Bloomer!


I thought it would be appropriate to begin with an actual "late bloom"...this little begonia was doing its thing underneath a pile of dead leaves and a vicious rose bush in my front yard.

As for me, I spend way more time than can possibly be healthy doing my thing under piles of fabric. And dust. And assorted household pet hair.

I'm not a photographer. While I wish I could stage wonderfully inspiring vignettes, that's just not me. Since all our lives have beautiful bits in them, hopefully there will be some pretty pictures every once in awhile.

Here's a photo of a tiny part of my work area. The polka dot mug is a shout out to my pal Pam No, it's not some rich, robust freshly brewed java--it's a cup of Coke Zero--whose caffeine and chemically charged goodness keeps me going.

Speaking of...there are piles of fabric waiting to be turned into squares, triangles, and posies and such, so until next time!

9 Comments:

Blogger Happy Zombie said...

OMG... I'm the first comment ever on your blog!

Welcome to Blogland Elizabeth! I can't wait to read and see more. - Monica

1:24 PM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

BTW... is that a magic floating coffee mug or do you have one of those cool desks from IKEA that's I'm jonesing?

1:26 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

I can't believe I didn't even get to your blog first. Its because I'm JUST FINISHED WITH THAT QUILT. What a dork. Ok, congrats on getting your blog on!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

Elizabeth, welcome to blog land! I'm so glad to see you doing a blog! It's beautiful and you will find they are so much fun! I love blogging!
Anne from Bunny Hill

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogland...now there is more pressure for the rest of us lurkers, drats!

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

E,
Congrats on starting your very own blog. Now you can spend way more time than you should reading & posting, instead of quilting! Can't wait for your new book to come out.

Sandy

5:41 PM  
Blogger Me and Him said...

Cogratulations on your new blog. I am looking forward to reading more.

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey E, congrats on the new blogage. Next time I'm in town we'll go shopping and it Heritage.
Keep updating!

1:34 PM  
Blogger QuiltingFitzy said...

Welcome to blogland, I had to read ALL the way back...cuz I'm waving at you "from the SF Bay Area" too, lol.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›