Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Cat Rule


It seems that many quilters have cats. So many, in fact, it seems to be almost a requirement to have one. Or more. And I am no exception.
Meet Presley. He's a 3 year old sort of Main Coon cat who is beloved by everyone in my family. Except me. Now don't get me wrong--cats are fine. I've known some wonderful cats over the years. I just love my dogs a whole lot more. Naturally, Presley senses this. So he spends most of his time with me. Under my feet at the ironing board (and yes, he loves to chew on my flip flops).


Wherever I look, there he is--in all his attitudinal glory.














If I get up from my sewing chair for even a MOMENT...

















And of course, the minute some fabric is laid out on the table--there he is. Even one half square triangle will attract his attention and he will sit down on the precise geographic center of it. The more fabric he has to choose from the better, of course. And a QUILT TOP is the best. Better still would be a WHITE quilt top, because that shows his magnificent shedding hair to its best advantage.
But hey, I never have to quilt alone.

9 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

That is the biggest cat I've ever seen in real life.

And I love your new version of Simple Sweet Rosebuds or is that Sweet Simple..anyway that Paris Bebe fabric really is so pretty.

Guess I better get my a** back to the sewing machine.

11:57 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:57 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

OHMYGOSH NOW YOU HAVE A DELETED COMMENT.. which was just me deleting my duplicate comment. Sorry.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Check out the name of my blog-cats at my house too! Something about quilts and cats.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

I'm totally digging what you're working on in the last photo! Chuckling too over the Flowmaster sticker on your machine. Are you the Shirley Cha-Cha Muldowney of the quilt world? :o)

2:54 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I was wondering if anyone would notice my Flowmaster sticker...yup, makes my Bernina way faster (and louder too, of course!)

The quilt in the last photo is a remake of my rosebuds pattern--I want to show off some of that gorgeous Paris Bebe fabric.

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty fabrics & love your big kitty. My old cat used to love to sit right in the middle of my quilt tops too when they were spread out on the floor for basting.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

Ahh... The Flowmaster... so that's the secret to faster sewing! I should put a Volvo sticker on my Elna and maybe I'll have less sewing accidents.

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooo, I love that aqua colour!
Can't wait to see the Irish rose quilt.
Cheers from Santa Rosa,CA ;)

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older