Thursday, January 21, 2010

saying goodbye to "sweet hearts"



Sweet Hearts was my second pattern ever. It was the design that made me decide that I'd really like to be doing what I'm doing now.

It has sold very well...but it's pretty old now, and it's time for Sweet Hearts to retire. As of the end of this month, it will disappear from my website.

Pam, as usual, came up with a cool idea. She thought it would be fun to send Sweet Hearts out with a bang. So that's what's going to happen!



She came over today and we got out some fabric...LOTS of fabric, actually, and played around with the motifs from the pattern. We ended up using the medium sized heart and the small one...and a couple of stems and leaves.

And here's the result!



That bigger heart is made from one of my favorite vintage napkins...and gotta love the big pink rick rack peeking out over the ruffle.

Best of all, I've got enough of everything left over to create FIVE kits. That's it--only five. Each kit contains a Dunroven House tea towel, all the fabric needed to duplicate my towel (including a piece of that awesome vintage napkin fabric), the pink rick rack and of course the pattern, and instructions for finishing the towel.

The price of the kit is $20, and that includes shipping. If you'd like a kit, please email me at latebloomerquilts@yahoo.com. If you're one of the first five, I'll email you back with full ordering instructions. It's a super fun project and it went together pretty fast too!



I'll be hanging my towel in the kitchen any day now. I'm determined to actually use it. Well, probably.

All kits have now been sold. If I can come up with the materials for more, I'll let you know. Thanks, everyone!

19 Comments:

Blogger Miss Jean said...

I checked and I have a copy of the pattern! Yea! I love collectibles! I for one, don't think you should retire it, though. It's darling.

8:31 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Its a super cute pattern and I love how it worked out with the towel!

9:16 AM  
Blogger rachel griffith said...

adorable.

9:46 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

SOOO sweet Elizabeth. I hate to think of it as being gone forever!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

How Pretty! That is just adorable!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

OMFG you guys are too much!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I love your towel!
You girls are so much fun!!!!

xo
becky

1:07 PM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

And by the way. (Here I go into Heavy Interrogation Mode) If you, as you say, hate to cook, WHY DO YOU HAVE A KITCHENAID STAND MIXER?

(back to your normal programming)

5:17 PM  
Blogger edyB said...

In reply to Kathi D's comment...
A Kitchenaid looks so kool in the kitchen ... I have a bright red one and my husband thinks it's more for decoration than REAL use!!! See how lovely it looks in E's kitchen!!!

10:08 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

WHAT THE WHAT... All sold?!?! If you find any scraps you may have misplaced and can make another kit out if it... please put me down for it, k.

Are you looking?

Have you come up with more?

If I pre-pay will you look harder?

Can I bribe you with chocolate?

12:09 PM  
Blogger Amy DeCesare said...

I have that pattern from a calendar by BH&G APQ! I've made it into two of my favorite pillows ever! I searched for your designs constantly after that, until you started your website. I still remember how excited I was to see your other designs - they are ALL so gorgeous! I really admire you and am so glad you've made it! The towels are charming. I'll have to copy the vintage idea now!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

It is darling. Pam loves using her ruffler. I need to get mine out and dust it off when I see something this sweet.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Tammy said...

Love these hearts Elizabeth! Can't wait to see you in March. I'm getting my projects ready for a week of sewing!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

That is the cutest thing Elizabeth!! I love it, so girly.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Bari Jo said...

Hi!!! I just saw your blog with the CUTE vintage hearts tea towel!!! I was pouting that I missed out on the kits but just noticed the freebie pattern on your sidebar for the pear tea towels... oh my - thank you so much!!!!! Your patterns are so cute!!! Thanks for sharing!!! Have a great week! :O) Bari

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE your towel, and your kitchen. How pretty everything looks! Good use of a day!

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Busy Little Quilter said...

I love it!

I bought a ruffler because Bari J said that Pam had told her about the ruffler. Those are some pretty ruffles and especially with the pink ric rac.

The teatowel is just precious!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

OK, I just had to reply to Busy Little Quilter: Way to name-drop!

Seriously, I just LOVE this circle of creative ladies, and I love that I can name-drop some of these same sweet names.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

I absolutely love your tea towel; it is absolutely darling. It would match my kitchen perfectly! ;o)

Love your blog too. It's very inspirational.

Warmly,
Monica
BTW, I am from Silicon Valley and now live in VA.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older