Tuesday, January 05, 2010

please excuse me while I show off my loot!


Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. It was an awesome day...now that my sons are pretty much all grown up it's great to get together for dinner--it just doesn't happen that much anymore. So that's what we did--had a delightful dinner at the San Leandro Marina.

If you follow me on twitter, you'd have heard about the ever so romantic gift from my husband--a Ped Egg. Yup, that's right! He also included a box of 100 Calorie Snickers bars so I guess his heart's in the right place (?) I am a sucker for gadgety things, so I did have to try it out. And without getting too graphic, it does do a great job but eww, so creepy.

The highlight of the afternoon was when Pam came over. She is the absolute master of gift-giving. It's so hard to shop for her because it's impossible to even come close with a gift for her--it's terribly intimidating. She always knows exactly what I'll love--and manages to find things I can never find on my own.

Check out the vintage breadbox. It's perfect! The photo isn't great but I wanted you to see how it looks with the valance nearby.


And this milkglass pot in my very favorite shade of pink...with a miniature rose inside.

As a decal-obsessed person I'm always looking for vintage examples. Garden girls seem particularly tough to find. Look at this girl on the tin!


Finally, I about hit the floor when I saw this letter "E". Pam bought it from our pal Becky, who always has the very best stuff (I think I have something from Becky in almost every room of my house!)

I hope 2010 continues on in such a merry way--while I'm grateful for a friend like Pam I'm also so blessed to be able to enjoy time with my family. I don't think I'll ever get used to hearing eldest son order a margarita in a restaurant tho...how did he get old enough for that to happen???

20 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Happy belated birthday, Elizabeth!! Looks like you got some good stuff! I hope the next years brings you all the happiness and success you deserve (which is a lot!) :o)
Big birthday hugs!!

3:33 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Its hard to top things like a ped egg for sure. I do my best. I was just really lucky this year.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What wonderful gifts that you received! Sounds like a pretty great day.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

Wow, that Pam is a good birthday Santa!

What, there are no birthday Santas?

5:00 PM  
Blogger Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Ped egg and Pam's gifties..I'd say you are a very lucky lady!!!

Pat

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Btw, I LOVE my Ped Egg! Hubby got me a sonic ear thingy for our anniversary...LOL!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha -- I had to google ped egg -- I thought maybe it was some sort of pedometer to go with the snickers bars LOL. Looks like you had a great birthday!

6:14 PM  
Anonymous tammyCA said...

I love that bread box...I have a small canister with the same design! I hope to find a bread box like yours - the only one I have is a yellow/blue floral - I like it but I love the older ones. I'm also decal happy. And, the pink milk glass! I only have white, and haven't even seen pink like that. We have similar taste so it is always fun to visit here. Happy belated birthday!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Crafts a la Mode said...

Happy Birthday! I enjoyed looking at your blog. Linda

10:12 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Fabulous gifts...even the ped egg (although it is a bit creepy) I have to wait months for my birthday Santa!

5:28 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I have a couple gift giving stars for friends, too. I would love them anyway but gifts like this just make life sweeter.

7:47 AM  
Anonymous blop said...

Pam and Monica are the tops in the gifty world...always the right thing! Gotta love having friends like that, I sure do!
I got a Ped Egg from my daughter in a xmas stocking one year...still haven't opened it yet...I'm creeped out, too!!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

A belated Happy Birthday! Pam's gifts are great. What a wonderful friend.

8:15 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

Oh that Pam... it IS so very hard to top her. Happy Birthday, and enjoy that egg!!!

1:03 PM  
Anonymous barbara@quiltsoup.com said...

Is the breadbox from the same Pam that claims she is a dud? Liar liar pants on fire. Tell her my birthday is in February! Thanks for sharing the pics.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hey there!!! Oh dear, I missed your birthday! I've been on a cleaning rollllllllll....which equals not much time on the computer.

Miss Pammy Whammy got you good! I've known about that "E" since summer time...and yes, I can keep a good secret! ha. Coveting the tins and that wood garden girl! hee hee. You deserved to be spoiled!!

sending a birthday hug from Mo-Town...
Becky

8:51 AM  
Blogger Fleurette said...

Happy Birthday Elizabeth, have a great day - lovely pressies.

12:35 AM  
Blogger life in red shoes said...

I WANT THAT BREAD BOX!!!!!!
And I have never seen pink hobnail milkglass.
P.S. Happy Birthday, and Pam, will you be my friend?

12:35 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Happy belated birthday Elizabeth. And what great gifties you got from Miss Kitty. Love the breadbox. AND that letter "E". It's awesome.
But.....the gifts from your dear hubby brought tears to my eyes. I mean honestly where can we find a guy like that???

9:24 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I'll never forget meeting you and Pam and Monica for the first time still one of my fondest memories!!! Love your E and your gratitude.

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older