Monday, October 15, 2007

Am I...


I feel like I've been living in a cave. Just me and my sewing machine. Well, the washer and dryer are keeping me company, too.
I MISS BLOGGING. I miss posting and I really miss hopping from blog to blog checking in on what everyone's doing. I haven't been able to read a single blog in over a week. I don't even know what Pam's been saying!
I really, really, really want to thank all of you who leave comments. It makes me feel a little less like a cave dweller...knowing that you all are out there!
Quilt Market prep is taking all of my time. As in 14 hours a day. In 2 weeks it'll all be over and I'm not even close to being ready.

But I really do feel lucky. Pam brought over friendship bread starter awhile back...that she received via Monica. That's what was in the bag up there. And yes, it was put on my cutting table--the only place where I'd be sure to see it.

Only thing is, I was afraid that I'd totally neglect that bag of goo and it would explode all over my kitchen if I left it alone too long. Not that anyone in my house would notice batter streaming down the walls. Except perhaps the dogs.

So I have to admit I gave the starter to my dad...who has a bit more time for that sort of thing. And I learned this morning that the bread was in the oven. With MORE CINNAMON. He seemed a bit miffed at what the recipe called for. And then he tells me that one of the loaves is mine. Can't wait to go collect it!

So that's a lucky thing. Sweet, cinnamony bread that has come from the kitchens of 3 special people!

Boxes of stuff are on their way to Houston...Quilter Extraordinaire Diana has the last of the quilts...Pam will be helping out more tomorrow...all lucky stuff.

And it seems the least I can do is show a couple more sneak peeks...this guy now has eyes and legs...

Remember the pink and aqua Christmas quilt? Well, here's part of it. Complete with vintage crochet trim I picked up while antiquing with Pam awhile back.

I promise a super-cool sneak peek really soon...before everything's on its way to Houston.
So yeah, I'd have to say I'm lucky...but I sure miss you all!

17 Comments:

Blogger Beertje Zonn said...

Beautiful is your cock!
Kind regards,

Sonnja from the Netherlands.

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFLOL!!! Sorry I'm laughing at the comment above. Yes your chicken is great!! Can't wait to see more photos. Especially ones from market. Bread sounds yummy. Have you eaten it yet?

12:19 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I love that handsome dude - he's great!

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you at Houston. And, your stuff!

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE your rooster and will imagine him with eyes and legs. I've missed you - we all have, and know your busy with getting ready for market. But we still miss you.

I got such a kick out of seeing that Lucky bag! Pam must have a bag stash that dates back to prehistoric times.

Lucky you for your dad's baking talents! Enjoy that bread! There's a little bit of Montana in the starter as well.

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU'RE busy not your busy. Ugh. Pet peeve of mine.

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun sneak peaks. Love them! Take care of yourself E. If there is anything I can do to help you get ready I'd be happy to.

8:57 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Woo maybe I can have a bite of bread today when I drop stuff off!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

And we are lucky to have your blog to read! The bread sounds wonderful and I CAN'T wait to see that last quilt in all its glory!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Mary Anne said...

BEAUTIFUL !! (as always!) -- Love your color combinations on that rooster guy !

1:56 PM  
Blogger Mar said...

Yep, Lucky is back! enjoy bread, I'm glad you found time to post, I've missed you! Was hoping to see you at PIQF!! I think I need that Christmas pattern, hope it will be out by retreat time!! SEW ON !!

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the chicken! So cute! I am one of those people with a kitchen chicken collection, so... And the pink and aqua Christmas quilt is awesome. I keep hunting for pretty vintage christmas ornaments in those colors but haven't gotten lucky yet. ~A :-)

3:48 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I love the rooster and don't envy you all that hard work to prepare for the quilt market. But hopefully it will all pay off big time for you and when it's all over perhaps you'll have a little more time to relax.

4:58 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Girl, I'm with ya. I haven't had a chance to look at all my bloggy pals til today. It's been weeks and I miss everyone. It's nice to catch up but it's taking me forever, and I want to go sew!! The rooster is very cute, and I like the comb! :)

9:49 AM  
Blogger Vicky said...

I love the first comment! OMG, I snorted water all over my keyboard when I read it!

The quilts look wonderful! But quit teasing us!!!! Can't wait to see all the new stuff!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Can't wait to see more of that pink and aqua Christmas quilt. Sounds like you have been working really hard!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Doe said...

I definitely need to see more of that pink and aqua Christmas quilt. Have fun in Houston.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older