Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The opposite of a sneak peek...


Quilt Market hysteria has definitely set in. Fabric has exploded everywhere...there's a huge mound of ready-to-be-trimmed quilts on the work table...and it's getting increasingly difficult to find anything. One thing I did find I will share with you--quilt pics! Each of these quilts was made by Wanda, who is a wonderful local quiltmaker.


I love to see how quilters interpret my patterns. Wanda's color choices are bright and fun. And look how she's incorporated photo transfers into her Sweet Hearts quilt.


Wanda has requested that the Fourth of July be represented with a pattern and I will have to oblige. But it will probably have to wait for the next Market...


Hasn't Wanda done a great job?

7 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

I love Wanda's quilts! Thanks for sharing Wanda!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

At least someone is getting some work done! I have been ridiculously unproductive lately. I am inspired to get cracking now!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Mar said...

I've got all the patterns, but have only done one! Great work Wanda!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Love that sweethearts quilt - what a great idea with the photo transfers.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Mary Anne said...

Wanda is definately a WHIZ !!!BEAUTIFUL quilts !!!!

11:26 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

I'm seeing a trend for red quilts as I make my travels through bloglines today. Those yellows look lucious though, especially since you have now connected that pie with yellow quilts.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanda is my mom. She does not use a computer. Her friend saw her quilts posted on this web site and my mom is very excited! She called and had me look up the web site. Thanks for all the encouragement you have given her. She does beautiful work and it is nice to see that other people can see her quilts. I printed the comments and will give them to her.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older