Sunday, September 09, 2007

Who are we to argue...


If Romantic Homes is gonna talk about "Fabulous Fall Shopping", then Pam and I have to oblige. Even though it technically isn't fall and it's still way too hot.

I really did need some more vintage lace--remember the pink and aqua Christmas quilt? Well, those ornaments need some trimming. I'd seen some lovely stuff in a shop fairly recently and who knows why I didn't buy it at the time. Crazy. So it seemed like a good reason to go back to Niles--and Pam is generally quite willing to go on trips like that.


First stop was one of our favorite shops--My Friends and I is always lots of fun...plenty of vintage stuff and their goodies are always arranged in color coordinated vignettes. I'm sorry I didn't take any pics of the inside of the shop, but I did find a darling embroidered pillow case, a cute little button card and a vintage birthday card--all of which you'll soon see.


Next came Mary Margaret's Antiques, which is a wonderful feminine paradise of stuff. And I made up for lost time with the pictures...
Everything in the place is pretty. Look at all the crocheted pillowcase lace! I love love love crochet--partly because I can't can't can't do it.


There's a section of kitchen stuff and even much of that is pretty as well.


Wish I had a reason for the "lettuce" and "radishes" bags...how adorable are those? But at our house salad comes in a plastic zip-lock and we don't buy radishes. I think the guys in my house would find vintage embroidered bags of produce too confusing and instead of eating healthy, they'd be back to grabbing for the poptarts.
Anyway. Where was I...
Yes. A shop chock-full of beautiful stuff.


Here's an area where the colors are more to Pam's liking...and I went back the following day to get her something she'd been admiring--it's impossible to sneak a purchase when you're with Pam.


Anyway, here are all my goodies from both shops. The pillowcase will be turned into a pillow for my family room sofa--and it's funny--you can see that the person who made it ran out of blue embroidery floss so she improvised with a totally unrelated shade of blue. Could you do that? I sure couldn't. Yet somehow, maybe because it's old, I find that it adds to the charm. Go figure.
I've got several options for decorating my aqua and pink ornaments now and can't wait to get back to that project.
You'll need to get ready to become thoroughly sick of hearing me moan about getting ready for Quilt Market...but I'll try to intersperse my complaining with some sneak previews of what will be in my booth.

Have a great week everyone!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Mar said...

As long as you give us sneak peaks, you have my permission to moan and groan all you want. I've never been to Niles, gonna have to take trip I see!

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What cute shops. I haven't been to Niles in years. Must head out there some day.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

Oh what a fun day that must have been! You and Pam turned loose in antique heaven! What treasures you found. Isn't it the best when it's vintage?

6:58 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Uh, 'generally willing?'

I'd say I'm more willing than that! Generally sounds like I'm rather picky.

But yeah it was fun and wow, do I love my cute scottie dog card holder! woo hoo.

8:16 PM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Oh. . . I am so envious of al the wonderful vintage shops you have out there! And oh!!! I would get lost in the linens & lace section. . . just ask Anne! If you can't find me in an antique shop. . . go directly to the linen section. . . & I can usually be found there! (I also love the little white hobnail items! So sweet!)
I'm thinking of you E. . . with the market countdown. . . I'm just getting started! What a crazy, crazy fall this will be! (I plan on crashing in your booth at market. . . k? . . Probably under the table!!!!)
Hang in there!
xo, - Bren

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so envious. And not just ordinary envy. I'm having a major fit of envy. If you can moan, so can I. I give your permission too to moan if you give us the sneak peeks!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Beautiful treasures!

A good day, indeed.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older