First of all I want to thank all of you for commenting about the tablecloths...I really needed some advice on this. The overwhelming verdict was to CUT THEM UP and so I did! I've still got a few that remained in one piece...a couple that really are too nice and a few that weren't the right colors.
So one night I couldn't sleep...decided to get up and DO something. Went into the studio, picked up my gramma's old scissors for confidence, grabbed an old tablecloth and CUT. It probably wasn't too smart that the very first item to be sliced was my very favorite, and after cutting I realized that I wasn't entirely sure that the piece would be the right size.
I did have to make some adjustments but no tablecloths were wasted. I had to make a total of seventeen of these...and because of the way things turned out, I ended up making 2 of them out of a piece of striped new fabric, which you'll see on the kitchen window.
I'm super happy with the way this project turned out and my granny kitchen is getting a little brighter and more colorful every day. I don't think my family is thrilled with the new look, but now that my kitchen is happier, I'm wanting to spend more time in there and they are benefitting from that. So all good! And on to new pillows, cushions, and the like.
So there you have it--the newly adorned kitchen window. I'll show the rest of the windows in a future post. For those of you who may have a similar dilemma to mine, I have to say that the first cut is the hardest!
And I'm trusting that Judy in Michigan is correct when she commented that she's "...sure there are other tablecloths circling the globe...". I think that's a delightful image--bright, well-loved tablecloths floating somewhere above just waiting for a fabric lover to find them!