Monday, November 02, 2009

super fun garland*



So the other day I was wondering what's up over in SisBoom land and found Jennifer's wonderful circle garland. Jennifer had used amazing bits of paper for hers but apparently the question had come up about how to do this with fabric...well, I was pondering that one the moment I saw her photo!

I'm sure you'll see more of this on my blog as we get closer to the holidays, but wanted to give you a quick method using fabric for those of you who are like me and are always looking for things to do with leftover bits of cloth...

I simply fused Heat & Bond Light to the wrong side of my fabrics (don't cut the fusible into circles--just cut chunks of Heat & Bond that will cover the fabric pieces). Then I used a Fiskars circle cutter to cut my 1 1/2" circles, but tracing circles onto the fusible would be easy if you don't have a fancy-pants cutter. Then I fused two circles together with rick rack in between. SUPER easy and fun!

Thanks for the great idea, Jennifer!

*AKA I Know I'm Going to End Up With Miles of This Stuff

P.S. There's still plenty of time to enter my pattern drawing--doubt I'll be back for drawing a name until end of Wednesday, so get your name in!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Paganelli said...

love it with the pink ric rac!!!! Oh thank you my readers will be totally pumped!!!!

10:07 AM  
Anonymous blop said...

Stinkin' cute!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Kim D. said...

Those are adorable, thanks to Jennifer for sending me over.

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute cute cute! If it isn't to late please enter me in your drawing. Love your blog!

Lizzie

8:57 AM  
Blogger Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Hmmm this makes me get the brain to thinkin!!! Very smart girl! and I have a truck lot of Heat N Bond. I love the stuff.

Pattern drawing. I want to be entered. Have I been asleep at the reading of my google reader blogs? I must investigate.

Pat

1:55 PM  
Blogger Quilting with Pugs said...

How do you think of easy ways to make pretty things with scraps. I would love to win this. Rhonda

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Busy Little Quilter said...

These are so adorable! I love heat and bond. Thanks for sharing!

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older