Friday, September 25, 2009

too cute!



It's still nasty hot here in California...hotter still in my sewing room with its 3 windows and always-on steam iron.
All those windows may sound nice, but 2 of 'em are little squares which face west which do nothing except make it almost unbearable to be in the room in the late afternoon.

Yes, I guess I really am complaining, but it's the heat that's getting to me--certainly not the projects.

I was asked to make a couple of additional things for Lecien's booth, and how could I refuse? Especially when I get to play with "Grandmother's Flower Garden", the super adorable new fabric by Rosalie Quinlan. It's been so much fun to fussy cut the little motifs.



I'm making two new bags from Pam's latest patterns plus a couple of quilts from existing patterns (At Home and Hopscotch).

Aren't these fabrics fun?

I was up until 1:30 am piecing Hopscotch last night...I discovered to my surprise that you can hear the occasional dog walker in our park even that late. And they discovered that crazy ladies are still sewing at that hour as well.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! You know what I'll be doing...

4 Comments:

Blogger little acorns said...

I love Rosalie's new fabrics. . . ! I'm jealous that you got some!. . . That's one I'm definitely heading for at Sample Spree. Can't wait to see your cuties! (Isn't it amazing how crazy busy you can be. . . even when your not doing your own booth?!?)
xo, Bren

7:01 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

I saw it in real life and its totally darling. this weekend super hot but 78 on Monday!!! SUPER YEAH.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Well never turn Lecien down or there will be tons of quilters behind you ready to step in. Including me! What you are doing is lovely. Really sweet. Sewing in heat is hard. I hate that.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Well, the weather sure has taken a turn for the better. I hope this finds you sewing away and at least not sweating while doing it. LOVE whatever it is you are working on. Such cute fabrics!!

xo
becky

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older