Friday, February 26, 2010

a new look for Miss Dummy



Yes, that's the name of my vintage dress form. Pam asked me if I was going to be one of those people who gives their dress form a name...uh, OK, I guess not! But without a name, how do you talk about her? Because you will be talking about her.

She's really not such a party girl...her neck was just a good place to stick the lampshade project I've gotten bogged down with.



You have to admit--this is a much better look! It's this pattern and I really had a good time with it. Had to do a tiny bit of tweaking because apparently my body has some freak issues, but the instructions were great and the fit is really good. I love peasant tops and this one is nicely fitted thru the body--most of us don't need that maternity look.

The fabric was fun--BariJ's "Full Bloom" gave the top a nice, sort of Anthropologie look to it.

So Miss D better enjoy it, because as soon as the sun comes out again, she'll be back to wearing the lampshade.

11 Comments:

Blogger Sentimentally Me said...

Miss Dummy looks fabulous in both,but I LOVE the lampshade, did'ya make it?? Great color and always diggin' the polka dots! Happy Weekend!

7:18 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

No worries, THE SUN IS NEVER COMING OUT AGAIN. Or so it seems.

Now why is my word for verification unhing?

7:50 AM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

The lampshade would make a nice little parasol for Miss D.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love the lampshade and the top. Very cute.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Love that top...I've looked at the pattern over and over wondering how it would be to make...thanks so much for the review!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

The top is really cute. The dress form is a good idea but I rather like the lamp shade/otherwise naked look. It makes the name fit.

9:50 AM  
Blogger I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Very, very cute! I love the fabric and the pattern!
I really wish that I had a dress form. I remember seeing them in movies as a kid and just thinking that they were the coolest things ever. I may need to find one...
By the way, I love your blog!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

How CUTE is that top !!!!! Very light and springy ..... and provides some good coverage where one might need some good coverage (without , as you pointed out , risking that embarassing moment when some stranger walks up to you and asks when's the baby due? )

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Kelly said...

Love your fabric choices here! This turned out great. :-)

11:21 AM  
Blogger Jocelynilla said...

Heyyy I know that pattern! Debbie made one in Lila T's fabrics!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I'm really envious of the dress form because it's a good quality one and I can never find one in a size bigger than 6 at thrift stores. The new ones cost a mint but it's what I used at FIDM and those are so much better than the adjustable one I have.

I don't have a memory of naming my dress form, because I don't generally name inanimate objects, but somehow her name is Headless Helen.

People always want me to name my Vespa and it just seems wrong somehow.

I love the top! Soooo cute! The lampshade is great too. Don't think my guys would let me get away with such cuteness in our living room. Maybe in my office!

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older