Tuesday, March 09, 2010

blocks please!



I don't know how many of you have followed her story...I first learned of it on Twitter. If you've got some time, and a box of kleenex, I'd recommend you read it. It's heartbreaking, yet also an amazing story of faith.

Yes, sweet Layla is now at peace.

Candace, of Cotton Candie Fabric, is collecting blocks to turn into a quilt for Layla's family. She hopes to have enough blocks to also make one for each of Layla's sisters.

The deadline for blocks is Monday.

All information can be found here.

It's one of the many things that makes us lucky to be quilters--it's so easy to send a little piece of love to those who are hurting.

5 Comments:

Anonymous happy zombie said...

Pieces of Love! Your block is BEAUTIFUL, E!!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

i signed up to make a block!

2:33 PM  
Anonymous blop said...

What a beautiful block. Anyone would LOVE it!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Jana Nielson said...

I've been following her story, and was so sad for her family today. I hated to read of her suffering this past week.
I am making her block tomorrow.

8:48 PM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

That is a VERY sweet block Elizabeth. I've only used that birdie print as the center of log cabin blocks so far. I hope I can remember this! :-)

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older