Friday, July 20, 2012

still more catching up

It seems like ages ago that I first blogged about my latest At Home quilt...it probably was ages ago.
Well, I'm happy to report that it's done now. And adds some much needed color to the room. And gave
me an excuse to go to Pottery Barn for a couple of pillows.


 Speaking of pillows...I finally located my monogrammed embroidered linen pillow top. If you don't remember it--and who could blame you--that's another "from ages ago" project that was discussed and then never came up again. I feel badly because I literally lost the thing...and feel even worse since I asked if anyone wanted it as a pattern and I got pretty positive feedback on that. All I can say is that it'll happen
"someday"--I've got a couple of big events coming up this fall and so embroidery is kinda on the back burner for now.

There's a big quilt show in October here in Murphys at the beautiful Ironstone winery. I'll be vending at that show and have LOTS to get ready for. More information, links, etc to follow once I get
back to being able to use my primary computer. 

There's also another event coming up that I'm pretty excited about and will also be discussing that one soon as well. 

If after my last post you're thinking I've gone nuts with pink and green little girl dresses...not to worry. I've gone nuts on little girl twirly skirts, too. I tell you--if these had been around when I was little? I'd
have been all over them. This is another Little Lizard King pattern and as far as I'm concerned all these skirts cost me was a bit of elastic and a mile or so of thread. Not sure I've complained adequately about all the seam finishing these garments require. And backstitching. Quilting sure spoils a person, you know?



These skirts were chosen because I'm determined  not to hoard fabric anymore and all I had was
a teeny bit of this adorable Japanese cupcake fabric. I think it would be super cool to twirl around
in a skirt with cupcakes on it and hopefully there are a couple of little girls who might just feel the same
way.

If all this girly stuff is boring you silly--don't worry that's the last of it for awhile. Next up will be more quilts. And stuff.


2 Comments:

Blogger Janice said...

Congratulations. I still fall asleep while my husband fish at all the peaceful places. We have been married 33 years and he doesn't mind. As long as I am along for the ride with my hexies and my red work .

1:13 PM  
Blogger Bari Jo said...

I have loved seeing the sewing for little girls!!! Beautiful work!

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older