Thursday, February 09, 2012

nothing much



Okay...here's where things get tough. There's nothing much to report on but if I stop? Next thing you know, 7 months have gone by blah blah.

There's been lots of skiing...less falling, I'm pleased to report. I've been told that I "almost look like I know what I'm doing" which was meant as high praise and I'll take it.

I do have a question for you. Does anyone else have a problem opening Moda's precuts? I don't mean that the twill tape is tied too tightly or anything...that's not the issue. It's the fact that the towers and jelly rolls are so nice just the way they are. I picked up a tower and jelly roll of "Papillon" recently. The colors are absolutely perfect for decorating but no quilts, pillows, etc are gonna happen if I can't bring myself to untie them.

Haven't bought a jelly roll in ages. Years, actually. Was wondering what to do with it--assuming I ever unroll it--and I'm leaning toward this one. After all, I do have the pattern already :)

I did complete a small project recently--it was my dad's birthday and he'd asked for a new pillowcase. He loves pigs so this fabric was perfect. Dug thru my stash and found a dot and a perfect piece of PKM to coordinate. He loves it--as does one of his cats.



Finally--thanks for all the Key to My Heart love! The pillow pattern has been selling very well. Just remember--it's only available until Valentine's Day--then it's gone for good. Because I'm difficult that way.

6 Comments:

Blogger Annelies said...

I have had a Tanya Whelan stack in my sewing room for YEARS. It is now a permanent decoration....just to pretty to cut. And if I use it, it will be gone. Then what would I do (G)!!!!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Jill Chapman said...

I know how you feel exactly. I have a small panic attack every time I untie one of those ribbons. For some reason I feel the need to keep all the ribbons too. I have no idea what I'd ever do with them!

5:32 PM  
Blogger life in red shoes said...

I have a charm pack that I bought probably 1..2..5 years ago, still has the twill tape tied up tight.
And you know what? You could make trash cans,I'm just glad you're back!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I have several jelly rolls, charm packs, fq stacks that I am unable to untie. I pet them and stare at them. Thinking I need an intervention.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooo beautiful and soooo hard to unwrap!!LOL Glad to see youre back blogging; Missed you!!! Nurse Payne

10:04 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

I actually used a jelly roll to make the cutest Postage Stamp quilt and then at Christmas QI used Charm pack to make a pile of pin cushions for gifts...it only hurts for a short while!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older