Thursday, March 08, 2012

what's new



Okay, many hours have passed since my last post and I'm pleased to announce that my 2 Hour Dishcloth is finally finished.



I have no clue how many hours it actually took--and I ended up using a different border pattern than the one in the book because after a half hour of trying, I just couldn't figure it out. And who could bear to use a dishcloth that took a whole day to make? I have no idea if it's any good...I haven't been able to bring myself to get the thing wet, let alone use it for cleaning food off of stuff.



I have the original At Home quilt but it really doesn't go with the room colors since new sofas arrived. Believe me, I'm not complaining. There are few things more fun than decorating a room and purchasing the fabric required to do that. I could have done a different quilt--I could probably make At Home in my sleep at this point, but it's so quick and easy and just the right size to snuggle under.



This one is going to be mostly Moda's "Papillon", but I've added bits of "Etchings", some French General and strips of some favorite old Lecien Quilter's Basic. I felt that the quilt needed a bit more red than the jelly roll provided so I added some extra. And while I adore pink, it turns out that SOME PEOPLE have real issues with that color, so those strips were eliminated. Sigh...

Once the quilt is finished, I'll get started on pillows, chair cushions, and who knows what all else.



When I'm not sewing or crocheting at an embarrassingly slow pace, I'm enjoying nature. Sometimes with my striped friend who provides pretty good company.




Wild turkeys and quail are a bit skittish and don't cooperate at all with my plans to photograph them. The deer are a bit better but they ignore my requests to scootch just a little closer.



Finally, I've got a question for any of you who are experienced at this whole living-in-the-country thing. Anybody have sheep? I've been researching the topic and am mighty tempted but would appreciate any advice.

14 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Marti said...

Elizabeth, contact your county extension agent for information about sheep. We always had a few to nibble down the grass in the pastures around my parents' home.

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Sandy said...

Hi E.,

We have lots of sheep & cattle up here in Gardnerville. They usually have a llama or two on duty to watch out for coyotes : ) Those little Willie Coyotees love sheep & little calves/calfs? for dinner.

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just as well you aren't using that dish cloth, their bacteria magnets. Too bad you can't use pink anymore. That seems so unffair to you. I know you like pink alot. );

11:29 PM  
Blogger kathy said...

We had sheep years ago and I absolutely loved every minute of it. We had ours fenced in quite well, so never had a problem with coyotes even though they were there! Being in the sheep field was my "happy place" and we even sheared them and I spun the fleece and knitted my kids hats and mittens! This, from a city girl! I'd have sheep again in a hearbeat.
Did you see the miniature sheep on PKM's blog? I'm coveting those little fellows! There are lots of books and your county extension can answer all your questions. I found a local 4H girl that was my mentor! Good luck!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Verna G said...

Go to the blog entitled "Farmgir Far". She seems to have a lot of sheep

1:21 PM  
Blogger Verna G said...

Go to the blog entitled "Farmgir Far". She seems to have a lot of sheep

1:22 PM  
Blogger Verna G said...

Sorry. That should say "Farmgirl Fare"

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Jean S. said...

One consideration is winter. The extra shoveling/plowing to get to them, getting water and food to them, traversing the ice which can result in falls - I know about all of the above.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I wonder if your county might have an extension agent that could answer some of your questions. I would google it for you, but I'm not sure where you live!

Love your work! I always crack up at things that say 'complete this project in 90 minutes'.

Ummm...

Yeah.

Happy Sunday!

8:18 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Loving that teal or is it aqua? And since I can't crochet at all I 'd still be struggling , more like 2 months. Quilt is gorgeous Elizabeth now I'm motivated!

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Bedroom Decorating Ideas said...

HI
Great post! and incredible blog ! Very helpful post! I must say. Simple & interesting. Wonderful work!
thank you!

11:32 PM  
Anonymous bathroom said...

Hello
what's new
I loved this blog post, You are very talented & This website is really worth to be checking
Thank You

11:09 PM  
Anonymous toko busana muslim said...

This is a great posting I have read. I like your article. Thank you

8:50 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hi there! Have to tell you I know nothing about sheep, but, like you, would love to have some someday. It looks like your wildlife family is loving your yard!

Your quilts and dishcloth are so cute. Ahh yes, I'd be a bit wary of using the dishcloth for its intended purpose. Looks nice next to your aqua pottery that I am coveting!

Hope to see you soon!

xx
Becky

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older