Friday, June 17, 2011

gardens and quilts and stuff



The one part of my life right now that seems just right is my new little back yard. It's already quite pretty and has plenty of spots for me to tuck things into. And that's what I've been doing. So when unpacking gets to be a bit much...that's where you'll find me. I'm planning some pretty pillows for the chairs...I think it's going to be a very girly kind of place.



Summer is also a good time for some leisurely projects...I've decided that "A Dash of Sugar" (you know--that free pattern over there on the right?) would make a very pretty shower curtain. So I think that's going to happen.

Summer also seems like a good time to find some new homes for a few of my quilts. There are some pieced quilts for sale up on my website and there are 2 appliqued quilts as well. And more will follow. Obviously these are one of a kind. I enjoyed designing and making them and hopefully someone has just the right spot for one.



Be sure to scroll down just a bit...there are 2 giveaways you don't want to miss.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Gorgeous garden. Love your shade house.

1:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Elizabeth I LOVE your little spot of heaven!

4:31 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

You are going to have the sweetest place to sit and rest! I can't wait to see the finished patio. I love Crows Nest!!!!

((((HUGS))))

11:00 AM  
Blogger M and M plus 3 said...

Oh my goodness, this is a really pretty quilt, love the birds.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Gardens and quilts just go together. Enjoy the summer.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Dash of sugar is so pretty. I love that patio. It seems like the perfect spot to knit (cotton thread for summer) or applique.

4:16 PM  
Blogger life in red shoes said...

Hey! Thanks for helping PKM with her pdf patterns, can't wait to make a potholder:)

9:58 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Sending out a hug to you today!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Grandma Shell said...

Updates on your "secret spot" please. I live in CA vicariously through you and Pam LOL Love the quilt with the crows. Who else would have thought of adding crows? We detest them so much up here! Sending warm thoughts, but not TOO warm!! Take care.

4:06 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Happy Birthday Elizabeth! We miss you and hope this year is a wonderful one for you.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

hey missy!!! stopping by to say
HAPPY
HAPPY
BIRFDAY!!!

...and so what if i am late to the party...ha.

xxoo
becky

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older