Thursday, January 26, 2012

Key to My Heart



Okay, without further ado...here it is. Just in time for Valentine's Day, a new pillow design. I know...it seemed to take me forever to get it done but I was out of town and then skiing (twice) and blah blah blah. But it's a pretty quick project and was fun to make.

Pam has been at me for ages to do a pillow pattern. She makes pillows using my method because it's quick and easy and has a finished look. So here it is...the first of hopefully several pillow patterns. This one is available only via my website--not in quilt shops.

I about lost my mind when I saw her version of "Key to My Heart" even tho hers doesn't have a key. It's absolutely adorable--and her leaves are the cutest ever.

I'm pleased that I didn't have to spend any money at all to make mine...used up some favorite fabric bits. Didn't have "the right" color thread but made do because let me tell you it's a DRIVE
to get to the nearest shop that carries thread. The only thing I needed to shop for was the key. I'm lucky because even tho I'm in a town that only has one traffic light, it happens to have a shop that carries a huge assortment of old rusty keys. The day I was there, the owner was very busy and I had to wait a long time to purchase my key. I stood there happily gazing at all the bins full of rusty treasures but he felt badly to have kept me waiting so insisted that I just take the key. How cool was that?



So how do you get the pattern? Go to my website and you'll find the pattern in two forms. If you want a printed pattern the price is $7.95 plus shipping. If, however, you'd like to have a PDF to download and print yourself, that option is $6.95. My website isn't set up to handle this automatically, so once payment is received I'll be emailing the PDF pattern to you. As quickly as I possibly can--hopefully within minutes, but absolutely the same day.

Another detail...this is a limited edition pattern. On Valentine's Day poof! it's gone. Hopefully to be followed by another pillow but who knows. Spring is coming and it would be nice to have a pillow to celebrate but these days I'm a bit distracted because there are still snow covered hills I haven't fallen down on yet.

7 Comments:

Blogger Miss Jean said...

Love, love, love it!!!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Really really cute. It is fun to see you creating. I love your style.

9:34 AM  
Blogger blueberrylane said...

How did you decide on a new town to move to ?

12:23 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Well hello my dear friend!!!

I L-O-V-E the pillow!!!!
I like the addition of the key, too as well as the story behind it. Hmmmmmm.....small town with one light? Really? Now I KNOW you drive through Mo-Town!! I miss you and hoping we can hang out one day soon.

xxoo
Becky

PS: Duhgall has the key to your heart!!!!!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Grandma Shell said...

Good to see you're back! And I LOVE that sunset. How lucky for you to be able to capture it! Those pillows are SO cute!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Keri F said...

Hi there. I did not find the pattern on your website. What is listed under? I checked misc because this is not a quilt. Help. Many thanks. The pillow is SUPER cute! :) Keri

8:23 AM  
Blogger lynne said...

I love this pillow! I am also wondering if the pattern is still available? I didn't see it on your website.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older