Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Has anybody seen my Muse?



I could blame it on the heat. And I have. But the horrible heat has moved eastward to torture others.
Regardless of the excuses I make (too many teenage males?) the fact remains that I just don't feel like making stuff. I've got stacks of fabrics waiting, but so far not much is happening.

When I was a kid, my mom would make an amazing hot fudge sauce. It was thick and rich and would brighten up the darkest mood. The leftover sauce would be poured into a tiny pyrex container and placed in the refrigerator. The next day it would have thickened and become almost fudge-like. We'd pull it out of the fridge for lunch dessert and make sure it was divided EXACTLY in half. We'd then eat it with a spoon.

I pulled out that old recipe last night. I don't know what happened--it never did thicken up like I remember it, but it tasted the same. Like heaven. If anything's gonna bring my muse out of hiding, this should do it.

If anyone out there wants to give it a try, just melt 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate with 2 tablespoons of butter over low heat. Stir in 2/3 c sugar and 1/2 c evaporated milk. Continue cooking and stirring until the sugar dissolves and the sauce thickens. Or kinda-sorta thickens, in my case. Add a little vanilla.

7 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

That sounds yummy. Can you put that on a darling recipe card for me? Because I'm lazy.

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been of the same sensibilities lately - I'll have to try your remedy! Seems like I just can't get my butt in gear these days. I have a theory that the suns rays are hypnotising me into an unmotivated sloth.

11:45 AM  
Blogger The Bone Family said...

holy smokes we have the same cups which we always eat our ice cream out of. I had some last night and had to stare at this pic for a second to think "did I take a picture of my ice cream while I was crafting and post it, then forget?" I thought I lost it for a second!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Yummmm! Thanks for sharing!

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I thought we had it bad with the 100-102 temps we're having! But then, I'm used to those cool(ish) PNW summers. And I can't be productive in the heat, no matter what kind of A/C I have. Fudge sauce sounds like a fantastic solution! I used to have a boyfriend who claimed that ice cream cured all ills, but I've always been convinced that it's the fudge sauce, not the ice cream, that does the trick. I'm going to try your recipe, thanks! ~A :-)

8:58 AM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Oh, wow, that looks good! I think you'll be able to tempt your muse out with offerings like that!

9:06 AM  
Blogger mary said...

mmm sounds yummy Did you happen to use margarine instead of butter?

thinking different fat might make a difference

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older