Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Hot Summer Quilting



If you've been following along for awhile, it may appear that every day consists of having Pam pick me up and drive me to cool places where we can shop. That's
not quite true.

Even when it gets blistering hot here (which believe me, it DOES) I've always got to be thinking quilts. Sometimes even actually making them.

It's not always easy on those triple-digit days...that's when I'm super grateful to the talented designers out there who create dreamy fabric that looks like cool, icy, sherberty goodness.

Jennifer Paganelli of SisBoom fame is one of my very favorites. Look at that gorgeous big old floral! I ordered a few other pieces to go with it as well. How could anyone resist that toile? When I saw the urn with the roses in it I was hooked. I still have plenty of her fabric from last year that is still folded neatly in the closet 'cause I just couldn't bear to cut into it, but I'm determined that this time will be different.



Now check out THIS amazing piece--it's by a designer called Tula Pink and it's from a line called Full Moon Forest that Moda will have available in September. Look at those bunnies!!!!



Next thing you know, I'm hurling random polka dots at the pile...big ones, medium sized ones and those nifty LakeHouse little frosted dots.



I have allowed myself ONE HOUR to stare at my pile and stew about it...then it's time to start cutting!!
Wish me luck!

7 Comments:

Blogger Angelia said...

I love bunnies and dots too. Do you mind if I ask who makes the fabric pictured at the top? The multi-colored dots?

1:27 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

OMG thosr fabrics are wonderful!!! I just love them and throwing in those polka dots does just the trick!! What a wonderful eye you have. Can't wait to see what you make!!
Cheryl

2:35 PM  
Blogger Mary Anne said...

WOW !!! I'm slobbering all over the computer key board just looking at those fabrics! Good luck cutting into them!!(I tend to just admire alot of my stash from afar -- hating to cut into them -- thinking I just have to save them for THE PERFECT project -- what ever that is!)

3:50 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Ok, where did you get the Chelsea. That's the white, right? Anyway, I kept wondering which the rabbit fabric was until today when you showed it and FINALLY I noticed the rabbit. I can be so crazy.

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so I have to know--did you keep your vow to cut the fabric in hour? If so, you are a stronger woman than I. My respects! ~A :-)

2:57 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

What I want to know is: how did you get fabric from Moda that isn't even available yet? I love the pink floral at the top and then the subsequent pairings you made, especially with the turquoise!

I love the cool brights.

Is it already in the triple digits for you Liverpool quilters? Yikes. and I was complaining about it being 85 here. I'm sending cool lemonade wishes your way.

Also-thank you for visiting my blog to congratulate me!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! I'm Tula Pink the designer of the hidden bunnies. This is my first line and you are the first person to blog about it! Thanks! I am so excited and I would love to see what you do with it. It seems to pair beautifully with the other pieces. It's so exhilerating to see it in action!

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older