Thursday, July 05, 2007

Too HOT


If there was no such thing as roses, these would be my favorite garden flowers. I love the blooms--the only downside is when they become like giant weeds by the end of summer, but they're worth it. I've got lots of penstemon in several colors in both the front and back yards. I decided to take this picture before everything turns crisp and brown from the unrelenting HEAT we've been having.

Ah, but we Northern California gals have dry heat, right? True. But I firmly believe that once you reach a certain level of discomfort, it really doesn't matter how dry or humid the air is. Or how hot it is once you get past the low 100's. It was 109 here yesterday...I don't know what the high was today and I really don't want to find out. Eldest son the car guy said it was 122 degrees in the shop where he's a technician. So I shouldn't complain about being inside an air conditioned house. BUT I WILL AND HERE IT COMES.

So even with the a/c running and even with a ceiling fan directly above me (which reminds me--my vent-gnawin' friend has been absent the last couple days--hope he's found someplace cool!) IT'S TOO HOT TO QUILT. It just is! But gotta feel productive, right?



So here are some blocks I've messed around with...Robin of Paris Bebe has designed some wonderful retro Christmas fabric and I was hoping that the Santa-theme of the project would make me feel cooler. It didn't.



Hmmm...what else to do... Here's a thought...I could make up kits! There are only 2 of 'em due to fabric availability, but if you're wanting to make "Follow Your Heart" exactly like the pattern cover, or in the darling yellow version you can see on Pam's blog, you can get them here. The finished quilt is 21" x 29", altho Pam's version is a little smaller since she didn't use a hanky.


The kit includes all fabric for the top except the binding and the hanky. I've included the wool felt for the tag and a preprinted fabric strip for the lettering.

The kit costs $20 plus $4.60 for postage. And an additional $9.95 if you need the pattern.
The kits are first come, first served, so email me at latebloomerquilts@yahoo.com and tell me which colorway you'd like. And I can send them out right away and we'll just cross our fingers that cotton doesn't melt.

6 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

You have lovely penstemon. I admire each time. And it always looks in control. Mine always gets so freaking enormous that it takes over, mutant plants. That's all I get, things that go crazy.

And hot. Yeah, I'm complaining too.

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth and Pam! I feel really guilty but it's only a balmy 87 here today. Actually it might get a little warmer yet... and surprising enough not too bad on the humidity level. However the weekend is supposed to be bad. We are having Christmas in July here in the store so we cranked up the air and are playing Christmas music! Until you go outside, you forget about the heat... in fact it's almost cold here!! I was thinking about getting out the hot chocolate and marshmallows! That might be going too far, what do you think? You girls have a wonderful weekend, talk to you soon!

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A kit?! I'm so there!

Oh yeah, pretty flowers!

Gotta go and e-mail you right now! Enjoy the weekend!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Vicky said...

It's hot here in SoCal, too. And smoggy. And smokey. Guess our ten minutes of winter are over!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

that little basket quilt is adorable!

H2

7:04 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Oh how icky! I hate the heat. Anything over about 70 is just too hot. And it makes me laugh when people say "it's a dry heat". I moved from WA to WI, and now I know what humidity feels like. But it still got hot in WA, and I sat inside with the A/C on. I hate all heat, give me 5 feet of snow anyday! I hope it's cooler there now for you! :)

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older