Sunday, July 01, 2007

It was fun!!



I know Pam has already discussed the book signing, as has sweet Sandy...but I've got to talk about it as well.

It was no surprise that Leslie and Melissa had worked their magic on the shop...it looked wonderful. While I would have been more comfortable sitting in a little corner out of view, it worked out very well.
The backdrop was "Garden Fresh" from the book and on the table is the "R is for Rose" quilt top Pam made--and the kits sold out FAST, but I believe more fabric is on order (and In Between Stitches does ship, in case anyone out there is interested in a kit.)

Here's the "Sweet Dreams" baby quilt from the book surrounded by darling gift items and fabric.



Then there was my concern that no one would show up...but we had a really nice turn out--with some of my very favorite customers! It was great to see Sandy and so flattering that she wanted a copy of my book because after all, she's written a gorgeous book herself.

And my all-time favorite girl showed up--that would be Frankie, of course!


And did I mention cake?



OH YEAH. Super good cake. With amazing frosting. I heard several people threatening to just slurp the frosting right off--it was THAT good. Glad they controlled themselves otherwise I wouldn't have been able to have THREE PIECES. (Did I just admit that?)

There was one customer who kept following people around with fork in hand...hoping that someone out there didn't want their frosting.

Anyway, it was great except for when my camera died. I really wanted to get a pic of Pam in her amazingly adorable yellow polka dot dress--made from the kind of fabric that makes you just want to grab your rotary cutter and slice border-sized strips right off her body (hey, she was wearing a slip!)

So thanks to everyone who was a part of that terrific day!

13 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

It was great and I had fun and A LOT OF FROSTING. That cake was darling and you and Frankie look so cute together! Happy and glittery. Woo hoo, you have a book!

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was fun & I had a pic of PKM in her cute yellow dotty dress. YOU have a BOOK!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Congratulations Elizabeth! What a fabulous day--you should be very very proud! Your book is wonderful, and the quilts are awesome.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time! Congrats on the book!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing the pics -- it looks like you had a great time. The cake is adorable -- and so are you and Frankie!

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got there too late! But loved looking at the quilts and picked up a book anyway. The shop was busy and there was very little cake or books left!! Sorry I missed you!

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Elizabeth! Woo-hoo! Wish I could've been there to get an autograph, especially with cake that good... ;)

8:44 AM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

Congratulations again Elizabeth! The quilts are wonderful, you looked so cute and the shop as always looks perfect! Wish I could have come.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Elizabeth! You're looking posh as usual. Wish I could have been there chasing after the lady with last piece of cake.lol!

4:46 PM  
Blogger little acorns said...

What a great day! How fun! I agree - you do look quite stunning. . . & I love each & every one of those quilts ! Congratulations! (& yea for having such a supportive quilt shop behind you! - how nice!)
xo, - Bren

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome day for such an awesome event! Congrats, congrats, congrats! I'm so happy for you E!!!

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Elizabeth!! Not only do I want to say congratulations again on the beautiful book, but THANK YOU for my present!! That was such a nice surprise to get in the mail one day. My girls here are all excited about it! I am going to call you for a trunk show! I can't believe how fast time has gone by since market!! Fall market is just around the corner! See you soon!!

11:20 AM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Cute quilts. Cute cake and SUPER CUTE chicks! Glad you had a wonderful day! :)

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older