Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Houston!


Fall Quilt Market was awesomely wonderful--only downside is that I woke up this morning feeling about 90--so there's an aging process connected to the event that I'm finding a bit disturbing.
I still stink at taking pictures, but hopefully between Pam and all the other bloggers out there you'll get a real sense of what the place was like.

We started by picking up our rental car and then off we went to see what we could find. Like lunch. Pam is (almost) always the driver and she has an amazing sense of direction. Unlike me, who is lucky to find my way home from the grocery store. So it was quite upsetting when Pam couldn't quite remember where Guadalajara (the restaurant, not the city) was located. So I focused all my energy on their queso sauce and led us right to the place. It was like magic.
As were their enchiladas. Which I did photograph but also like magic, they seem to have disappeared from my camera.



Had to get back in time for Sample Spree. You know, to sneak into Sample Spree. Which I've previously discussed my aversion to doing. So how lucky was it that we were asked to help lug about a bazillion pounds of adorable LakeHouse charm packs to the ballroom? So we got in early. Legitimately, which I really appreciated. Swore I wouldn't buy any moda, but the "swell" Urban Chiks bag (more on them later!) made me change my mind. Plus "Simplicity" by 3 Sisters is soooo beautiful. Then we stopped at the Lecien table for a gorgeous bundle of their fat quarters. Then back to LakeHouse where even though I've already made 3 quilts and multiple bags (more on THAT later, too!) I still had to buy 3 charm packs. Holly is some kind of marketing genius.

OK, so now we'll skip to the first official morning. Had to stop by Jackie and Tamara's booth first thing. Here I am with Jackie (look at her outfit!!)



We LOVE those two! Jackie Clark has one of those booths you just want to move into. And every day she's wearing some adorable vintage/crochet outfit that just makes you want to cry. Luckily she and her sister Tamara are as nice as can be and didn't seem to mind when we kept showing up.
Here's Pam with Tamara--the crochet twins. Tamara does the most amazing crochet work I've ever seen and Pam's pretty darn good at it too. Again, more on that later.



On our way back to our booth (which I somehow managed to never really take pics of) we stopped by the Checker Distributors booth. Something looked a bit familiar there!



More quilts, more people and more FOOD coming soon!

8 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

It was a great time and I can't even come close to thanking you enough for letting me come along with you!!!!!

Love your block of the month.. man I could cry just thinking about it.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have lots to comment on, but more on that later. HA!

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your BOM makes me want to cry too (pass the tissues Pam). So cute it hurts, and so awesome about Checker!!! That quilt is KILLER I tell you. Ok. I want a BOM kit. Now please.

Sounds like great success at Market E. I'm sooooo not surprised!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Are you levitating in that last picture? LOL. Sounds like you had fun. Now stop with the nonsense -- we want to see pics of YOUR booth!!!

3:03 PM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

Great post Elizabeth! But more on that later ;-)
The last pic of you standing by an amazing quilt..is that the BOM other gals are referring to? How does one get in on that action?! I must have that pattern!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Mar said...

Welcome home! Yep, it even looks familiar sideways, and it looks even better with you standing in front of it!

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, so exciting, and that is so awesome to see the gorgy quilt there! Love it! (And who says you stink at pictures--these are great!) ~A :-)

12:14 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Oh Love that quilt..and you take fabulous pictures!!! Love that block of the month! sounds like you shopped and shopped and had fun..I am glad for you!

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older