Thursday, November 01, 2007

Saturday Dinner


During Quilt Market time it's difficult to eat 3 normal meals a day. The timing just isn't right and when you don't have a car, the options are limited.
The Thursday mid-afternoon Guadalajara-fest was awesome. I could drink that queso sauce with a freaking straw. Which I'll remember for next year.

I'm really not sure just what Pam and I did on Friday, but I vaguely recall consuming an inappropriate number of desserts.


Saturday was great. We were invited to go to Josephine's with Tammy, her crew, and some of her Market friends. The alfredo sauce came highly recommended and that was good enough for me. I'd eat alfredo sauce on chunks of cardboard, if necessary. And yes, I ate the WHOLE THING.


This was when we started a market long theme of taking pictures of people taking pictures of us. Aren't we clever girls!

We were all sporting Hello Kitty necklaces--you know, with the bubbles inside. Because that's the kind of fun-lovin' gals we are.



Here's Pam with Celine of Perkins Dry Goods fame. Hopefully Celine will have a blog going soon.
Pam and Tammy...



Didn't get pics of the Quilt Branch ladies...Susan and Mary Jane are lots of fun. And good at math. They've got really nifty quilts made from 1/2 yard pieces. The kind of projects I couldn't design with a gun to my head.

Sherry, Velma and ...(geeze I'm terrible with names, but I can just see her smiling face) cracked us up with tales of their experiences on the road. Travelling to quilt shows is not always the life of glamour you'd expect.

Wish I had pics of the trip back to the hotel...Celine graciously agreed to let us pile into her rental car and poor Sherry wound up in the teeny tiny cargo area in the back.

Got back to our room in time to reopen the Late Bloomer sweatshop...had lots of cones and hearts to finish and Pam was working her fingers to the bone cranking out tiny little yo yos. But more on that later.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun! What fun!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Glad you all had so much fun! Love those Hello Kitty Necklaces too! and that food looked so yummy!!!! thanks for sharing..and keeping us informed!!!

9:30 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Tammy and her people are wonderful!! I had a great time.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I think it would be great fun to work one's fingers to the bone for an event like that. You get all that camaraderie going and the bustle just carries you along.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was nice to meet you at market, we bought some of your patterns can't wait to get them made.

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm poison green with envy! And love lookin' at all those goodies (and drooling over those cones!).

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm poison green with envy! And love lookin' at all those goodies (and drooling over those cones!).

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooops. I blame it on blogger.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Elizabeth!! You know looking at those pictures, I look really tired!! I have bags under my eyes! Although I'm sure I felt so much better after I got some of that food in my tummy! I have some great pictures of the "pile in" to Celine's van! Watch for them on my blog soon. I've been so busy since I got back I haven't been able to blog yet, but SOON! Love ya!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Love your pictures and hearing about all the fun doings at Market!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older