Friday, November 02, 2007

Our Neighborhood



I'm sure you've already been over Pam's way...she does an excellent job of explaining our "neighborhood" at market. That's part of what's fun--getting to know your neighbors!
And there is cuteness everywhere you look, as you can well imagine. All the new fabrics, patterns, and booths. But there's more! Being directly across the "street" from Moda Home turned out to be a mixed blessing. Who is gonna be looking my way when there are the most darling room vignettes imaginable over there? I saw the sides of many ladies' heads, let me tell you. And to top it off, they had CUPCAKES. Real CUPCAKES on a big Moda plate. FOR PEOPLE TO EAT.
But don't be feeling too sorry for me. Because while I may have lost some foot traffic, I gained something even better. A daughter.

Pam and I thoroughly enjoyed the moda girls. Whitney reminded us both of Pam's daughter Frankie, and once that connection was made we had to agree that if I had a daughter, she'd look JUST LIKE ALISON. And then one thing led to another...and apparently restraining orders are not that easy to come by in Houston...so I'm pleased to introduce Alison! Isn't she lovely?


And so talented! Yes, Alison is an URBAN CHICK. How cool is that?
So I had to have "our girls" sign my moda catalog...above you see Holly's signature (the other Urban Chick!) as well as darling Whitney. Who plays along with the whims of crazy ladies very well.



So it was great fun (for me, anyway!) to gain a wonderful daughter, and I can't wait to get my hands on some yardage of their new line "Swell" so I can design something TOTALLY Urban Chicks. In a non-stalkerish way, I might add.
And just in case you couldn't see it clearly...


I just couldn't be more proud!

5 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I cannot wait to see the "Swell" too! You got me all excited!

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm soooooo in love with Swell! Actually, EVERYTHING the UC's have come up with. Must. Have. It.

I love your post E. So funny, so cute. You have a gift for gab. And lucky Alison to be adopted by you. Does this mean we get to plan a belated baby shower?

2:04 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

They were super fun. I really enjoyed meeting them. Not sure if they're saying the same thing though!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Paris Bebe Fabrics said...

ha! Between Elizabeth and Pam, you girls always have me rolling!!!
Your posts are so darling and entertaining E! I love the "For Momma" autograph by Allison!!!
Congrats on your new baby girl Elizabeth!
:)
Gotta love the Moda girls!/UC's!
Robin

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!! We read your blog and just loved it. You guys are so sweet. We had a great time hanging out with you. Hope to see you at the next show.

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older