Monday, February 28, 2011

how a crazy person passes the time...



Can't argue with Cath, right? I didn't think so either...

OK, first I have to apologize--I pride myself on always providing links to everything I talk about, but today I just don't have time. While I'm typing this I really ought to be packing--for my trip to Scotland.

Pam will be taking me to the airport--not at the crack of dawn, but waaaay before that actually. And I don't need to tell you that it takes awhile to get from here...to there.

If you've been around for awhile you may recall that I've been to Scotland twice. But that was via cruise ship, so the sum total of my time on the ground is a whopping 3 days. Which was nowhere near enough time to spend in what I knew immediately was one of my favorite places in the world. So this time it's a week. On the ground. Exploring new places and rediscovering why I fell in love with that country in the first place.

So anyway, it's been a looong wait for tomorrow...like a little kid with an advent calendar at Christmas I've been checking off the days...

I've always traveled with a beat up black case...with a broken zipper in the front pocket. I decided that would never do. So now I have a new suitcase. Red.



Thought it needed a cute luggage tag. I recalled a Moda Bake Shop project of awhile back and thanks to Angela's great idea, I now have a cute tag.



I've never been able to sleep much on planes. I actually hate flying, so that gives you an idea just how much I love Scotland. I picked up one of those travel pillows--thought that might help. But wow was the cover ever ugly. A little Red Rose Farm and some ribbon later and this is much better.



Another thing I'm ashamed to admit is that I tend to stick lots of Target bags in my suitcase--for shoes, dirty clothes, etc. Well, not this time. Pam's cute Lecien laundry bag pattern is now being used for shoes. Why the monogram? Why not?



Cindy Taylor Oates' laundry bag will be coming with me...it's super roomy and I figure when I'm ready to come home I can just shove everything right in and packing should be a breeze.



My extremely talented friend Kay of Serendipity Studio did the math for me on how to adapt her ipad bag for my new macbook...unfortunately the US Postal Service decided I really didn't need her instruction book to arrive in time so I used one of Pam's bag patterns to tide me over.



But Kay is definitely represented...the little duffel bag holds hair supplies, the lingerie bag is so pretty, and now my jewelry has it's own safe place.



For an added bit of crazy, I took a super soft wash cloth that was given to me by Jackie Clark and did what her sister Tamara would have done...and crocheted around the edges.


Now I have just one problem--there's not enough room in my new suitcase for all my pretty travel accessories. So what else could I do but dig out Kay's Bijou tote pattern and make a Red Rose Farm carry on bag? Now I'm all set.

Except for the pesky packing part.

So what will I be taking with me to work on in the evenings? Why some knitting of course...

Well that's it for me...I'll be taking my camera so you know that means lots of poor quality photos to come. Can't wait to share my trip with you!

P.S. I'd like to thank everyone for their words of support...your emails, etc mean more than you know...

24 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

OHMYGOSH those bags all look so so cute!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Your bags are adorable! Better hang onto your carry on. You will be easy to spot with that gorgeous carry on bag :-) Enjoy your trip.

6:40 AM  
Blogger laurie said...

Have a great time!!! I wish my luggage was so lovely.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Get outa town! Those are the cutest traveling bags I have ever seen!!!Everytime you open your suitcase it's going to make you feel so special. In fact, I'd be surprised if when you return you don't figure out a way to make a cover for your suitcase. I'm leaving for Denver on March 9th and now my Target bags seem woefully uninspired! Have a wonderful safe "holiday". Remember to put a little Scottie in your pocket for me if you see one.

Hugs and Safe Travels

7:54 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Scotland!! Oh my Elizabeth. Have a lovely lovely time. Everything is so pretty. you are traveling in style.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

Have a safe trip and a GREAT time!!!! It's your job to enjoy this vacation for yourself and for all of us who want to follow in your footsteps with a fresh start and a new beginning !!!! ENJOY !!!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

...... oh .... and LOVE all those adorable travel accessories !!! (I've been known to use different sizes of Walmart bags as my matching luggage .... so I am in awe of all those wonderfully cute things you whipped up!!)

8:27 AM  
Blogger Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Have a fabulous time and everyone is going to be so jealous of all of your travel accessories!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Wow...I love everything...wonderful travel accessories! Have fun on your wonderful trip!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Sentimentally Me said...

Safe Travels Elizabeth ~ Relax & Enjoy!

xo Patrice

9:30 AM  
Blogger Grandma Shell said...

You are going to have absolutely the prettiest packed bag around!! No mistaking your's! Have a great time, that's one of the few countries in the world I'd like to vist. My G-G'ma was Scottish.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Chef Mama Lori said...

Everything is SO adorable! Have a lovely trip!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Wow, just came from Pam's blog and I have to say all of your bags and totes are just ubber cute!! Have a fantastic trip...

11:25 AM  
Blogger Kay Whitt said...

Your bags look fantastic, Elizabeth! Sorry the mean old post office didn't get your book to you in enough time. Have a lovely trip and lose yourself in all that beauty! We will demand to hear all about the trip and see all the great photos upon your return!!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Jona Giammalva said...

No WAY!!! Those are so incredible! What a beautiful way to travel. Have a wonderful trip and bring back lots of pictures!

4:35 PM  
Blogger kisatrtle said...

safe travels.

8:06 PM  
Blogger life in red shoes said...

No matter what your ticket says you are traveling 1st class.
Have a wonderful, carefree time, we'll be waiting:)

11:04 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Oh.My.Gosh!!! My favorite place in the world to visit -- I'm so excited for you! I hope you're having a FABULOUS time and I can't WAIT to hear all about it!!!

5:33 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

Oh the bag cuteness is making me weep!! GREAT SCOTT - have a great trip!

11:37 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

So cute! And a vacation is a wonderful way to start anew...hugs to you Miss Elizabeth.

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Miss Sherry said...

You take the high road and I'll take the low road and I'll get to Scotland before ya' Well, I won't make to Scotland at all but regardless, have a lovely time!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Well girl you have got it going on with the travel accessories! I hope your trip is fabulous. Can't wait to see those photos. Sorry for the tardy posting. I'm sooo behind.

Pat

2:23 PM  
Blogger rubyslipperz1052 said...

LOTS of prettiez in your pics! They are mind energizing. I am looking forward to hearing about your trip and seeing pics of Scotland. I truely hope you are having a wonderful and safe trip!

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot

5:50 PM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

I have been so out of it on blog reading that I hadn't even seen your fabrics!! Oh! So pretty!!!! My gosh, your travel bags are fabulous!!!!!! So glad you had a great trip! Miss you--I hope that you and that BFF of yours will drive down this way before long.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older