Tuesday, December 14, 2010

fun flowers



Every year around this time, Holly of LakeHouse Dry Goods hosts an event that's lots of fun for everyone...plus benefits a good cause. I've been lucky enough to have been involved in the past, and I'm happy that this year is no exception.

Holly has designed an adorable twin size quilt using her just as adorable "Fun Flowers" fabric collection. It's a super easy to make twin sized quilt, and the kit can be purchased here, and all details are available via that link as well.

Here's the great part: for every quilt kit purchased thru my website, Holly will make a donation to my favorite animal charity--Tri Valley Animal Rescue--a wonderful organization that finds homes for animals in my area.



It's not just about guinea pigs here--Melvin shares the place with Presley, Rosie, and Jane. All of whom were rescue animals. This week, my son Eric's cat, almost 6 year old Huey, is here while he's on vacation. Without caring foster parents from TVAR, at his age, Huey would not have had a chance--but because of them, he and Eric have been the best of friends for the last year.



If you know Holly at all, you know that rescuing animals is near and dear to her heart...I'm so glad she's chosen this cause for her event this year.

Please go to her blog--she's got lots of fun things going on including giveaways you won't want to miss!


7 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Is that quilt really easy? Easy like beginner easy, or easy like professional quilter easy?

I love it!

I'm afraid to order it, though.

Love the bottom picture in this post. What a sweet, happy little face.

6:04 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Love all the fun pictures of the pets! That one of Jane is particularly cute, she's usually to on the go for a photo!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Oh my gosh -- I love the picture of the cat and the guinea pig. I can't believe they will be next to each other like that -- you'd think the kitty would see dinner!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Staci said...

Love seeing the photos of the nice pets!
We have two kitties, both are rescues from Casa De Los Gatos in Tucson, AZ. We love them dearly and are thankful to have them in our lives every single day. We are grateful to those who cared for them prior to adoption, and continue to care of other homeless animals. Bless all the kind hearts and willing hands out there!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

What a great idea. TVAR is a great organization. My sister has worked with them for a long time. She has six rescue dogs right now (you heard right, SIX!)and has had a number from TVAR.

4:33 PM  
Anonymous holly holderman said...

I'm tearing up E, you wrote that so nicely.

H2

7:54 PM  
Blogger jackiero said...

I'm new here, just clicked over from Pat Sloan & am signing up with your blog. All of our furbabies are rescues, too....so I can truly relate. Love, love your furbaby photos :)
I'm off to visit Holly now.
:) Jackie in NC

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older