Monday, June 04, 2007

Things to Hyperventilate Over (Part 2)


What a super fun Sunday!!
First thing in the morning, I was lucky enough to be able to hop into the backseat of Pam's car and take off for the Antiques by the Bay show in Alameda.



We'd only been rummaging around for a little bit when we ran into Joanna...she seemed thrilled that I was willing to take her picture (tee hee!!) for my blog... she offered to take my picture, but that's not the way it works, is it? That's Amazing Quilter Diana on her left, by the way...
I don't know if they purchased anything in that area...there were many interesting treasures...I left with 3 tiny vintage watch faces. Will I use them? Darn right I will!

Sooo many things to fall in love with...but Pam's real good at keeping me focused. "No, you don't need that." "No, we can do that ourselves." And so forth. But I still found some goodies that were absolute necessities.



Of course we had to stop at Wendy Addison's booth...while Pam was picking out just the right vintage pink crepe paper, I snagged this cool silver paper and the glitter--such a wonderful shade of green! Now as a quilter, do I actually DO anything with glitter? That would be a "no". But if it's good enough for Wendy Addison, it's certainly good enough for me. Plus I'm gonna decorate the lid of the jar all pretty.
"And someday it can go in my studio. When I have a studio." (Any idea how many times a week those words are spoken?)


Next we went to a different Addison. Where I picked up this darling bag of vintage Christmas trimmings for a mere 2 bucks--will I use them? Maybe...and this vintage ribbon. Twenty yards of it, people! Will I ever open the bag? Doubtful--it's so pretty sitting there nestled on the bird and flower bedecked Addison Paper!!



On our way back to the car, I had to stop at a booth I went nuts over the first time through. That's an overall shot of the place in my first photo. Look at my goodies! I got that little painted wood cubbie ("And someday it can go..."), a little paper mache nest with tiny glitter egg, a paper cone with another tiny glitter egg, two wonderful lace trimmed tags, a test tube filled with glittery goodness and a "dreams" tag, an old-rusted-key-and-other-metal-stuff thingie and finally, an old bottle filled with "Pearls of Wisdom". See? Everybody NEEDS those!
Then to top it off, I grabbed the vendor's flier and realized who she is!!! Ohmygosh! If you are a magazine nut like me, for sure you've run across stories about Linda Marcov! If the name doesn't ring a bell, go to her website, click on "publicity" and you'll recognize the pictures.
Her booth was so lovely I could have moved right in. Except for the small detail that the only wall she has is the side of her van...
But still.



Then just before we left for good, Pam wanted to stop at a vintage print place. Pages and pages from antique books--sorted by every category you can imagine. Pam left with nothing--I left with these 3 roses from the December 12, 1896 issue of Amateur Gardening. Again, repeat after me..."And someday..."

So anyway, that was Sunday...and yes, Pam tagged me to share my to-do list. Well, I'll add posting about my to do list to my, well, nevermind.

13 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

I'm always super happy to just look even. Its nice getting out and about.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love the green glitter. I just want to throw it in the air and then roll around in it. Good purchase.

3:43 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

What a fun day! What fun finds! I so miss getting to go to such wonderful antique & flea market here in Tucson. . . Well - they do have them. . . but mostly you find just southwest knick- knacks. . . um. . . no thanks. Sigh. So I will just live through your outings with Pam! So much fun!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

I love reading about yours and Pam's adventures!!! Though because I'm so jealous of you both and all your fun times, I therefore imagine you guys driving around on these adventures in an AMC Pacer.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

Oh... and the seats are covered in a clear plastic slip cover... and it's 90+ degrees out... and you have no A/C... and you're both wearing shorts.

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth you made out like a bandit! I love the green glitter, everyone needs bling. I love the vintage rose prints. My best friend is a grad student at Univ. of Oregon, but has apart time job as a framer. Oh the discounts! She is always scroing vintage prints off eBay and framing them for her new house. I so want to do that. Love your prints!

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Elizabeth you make the rounds I've got to spend more time at your blog...Are you doing Silver Bella ...check out my blog for info You'd be great...

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I love your finds! I see some collaging coming up?

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your charming little goodies. Thanks for not posting the open mouth shot.... so very kind of you! Next time, I'll be armed too so just keep looking over your shoulder :-).

That Willow Nest booth is one of the best there, don't you think. Very romantic and cute stuff. Jackie and I got the a package of these little vintage, strawberry pincushions there once... darling!
But where is the Wendy Addison booth? I'm so bad with names, maybe I've been there and not even known it.
Glad we had such a warm day on Sunday.
Happy Adventuring!

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I just went to the Willow's Nest site and freaked out! I have all the pages from that Country Home article in my inspiration notebook. I have their next Flea Market on my calendar since they live right here. Thanks for the awesome small-world super-drool-worthy moment! ~A :-)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

elizabeth,

talk to be about your little roses darling...

seriously, before my pretty new IMAC takes it's last gasp.

grins,

H2
and one more thing, is there anyone else who gets annoyed every time she has to copy those damn distorted letters?
do I annoy easily or what?

1:38 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

I gues that must be another one of my little typo-freudians...

i meant talk to me...

H2

1:39 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Uh, I had to do a double take at the Willow's Nest stuff. That's in Washougal, which is just out of Vancouver, WA, which is where I lived!!! :) I might have to grab Monica and drag (yea, right) her out there on our Fabric Depot run day. :) And the rose pictures are lovely, and Dec. 12 is my birthday, I don't know if that means anything, but still....:)
Glad you chicks had a great time treasure hunting.

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older