Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Things to Hyperventilate Over (Part 1)



This post sort of goes with Pam's post of awhile back...where she discussed our trip to Buttons and Bows. She took her camera, I didn't bring mine...but I bought more stuff, so figured I'd report on the trip as well.
One of the great things about Pam is that she drives me places. One of the great things about magazines, such as the May issue of Country Living, is that we get ideas for places to go. Pam also knows her way around pretty much anywhere and well, I don't get out much. Which is just ONE of the reasons she's my driver.

Needless to say, Buttons and Bows is a LOVELY place. They were having a special event the day we were there so not only did we get buttons and ribbons but we got COOKIES--which make every shopping trip better, don't you agree?


Their packaging is lovely--rayon seam tape is one of my favorite things. Makes it hard to open the bag, but if I must...



This may look like a random piece of pretty ribbon, but it's a random piece of pretty Czechoslovakian ribbon. I've got some random Czechoslovakian blood running thru my veins, courtesy of a great grandmother, so that makes this ribbon extra neat.



As for the buttons, of course I could not pass any of these up. I enjoy using buttons on my quilts--they make fun little flowers. So these purchases were useful. You know, for my WORK.
While they had no guinea pig buttons, they DID have awesome terrier buttons and I do have an awesome terrier...
Couldn't resist the Victorian-themed buttons...
I'm a sucker for scallopy things, and I found quite a few of those. Lots of pretty potential quilt-blossoms. Many of them are vintage.
Finally, those super cool ones with the pink and aqua stripes? Vintage French. HAD to have those, they're gorgeous.

After leaving, we wandered around a bit...I think Pam was pretty much done shopping, but I had a giant cookie to finish (Holly's right--it IS all about the food). So we ended up checking out the rest of the street and an amazing toy and other stuff shop. Where I found these old postcards--from when mailing a postcard would set you back ONE CENT. Or two, if you were sending it internationally.
These were necessary purchases as well. Not as likely to appear in a quilt, but you never know.

6 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

It was a good day wasn't it?

6:35 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

soooo, how far would you guess this loveliness is from Sactown? I dogeared that page for a feild trip one day. You two are making it hard to wait!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

I can't help but think that you and PKM are being followed. The It Girls going to all the It Places... and then poof... it's there in a magazine!

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such lovely goodies! I am going to have to get down there! Now I've got stops up and down the West Coast on my "to visit" list--I'm going to have to quit my job just to hit all the best quilt & vintage shops! ~A :-)

1:19 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Cute stuff! What a nice thing to have a personal driver. Now all you need is a personal cleaner and shopper!! :) Well, groceries, not for the fun stuff, like fabric and buttons. :)

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome post Elizabeth! The post cards and ribbon are glorious! Isn't it nice to have friends who love to drive you places... ^_^

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older