Monday, May 21, 2007

I know it's a shock...



But yes, I'm weird. And I've been tagged by Mary Anne. And I really like the way Pam arranged her list so I'm pretty much gonna copy her. So here goes...



1. I'm a Sudoku junkie. I cannot go to sleep without working on a puzzle. It's as if the world will just END if I don't get in at least a few minutes. And I tend to grab the Sudoku book first thing upon waking up--which is why it's kept right next to the bed. My family sees puzzle-solving as a huge waste of time. So to thwart me, they've gotten me Super Incredibly Difficult Mind-numbingly IMPOSSIBLE Sudoku books. Do they not know who they're dealing with??? Oh, and say "hi" to Louie--that's him up there. Isn't he CUTE?



2. I hate hot beverages. It does not matter how cold it may be outside--the tea had better be iced and if it's coffee it better have plenty of icy, chocolatey goodness. And whipped cream. Here's Turbo. He belongs to Eldest Son Eric--the car guy. He's a very good pig and loves to be cuddled--he's kind of bossy with the other pigs, tho.



3. I have freakishly long, skinny, boney toes. That match the freakishly long feet. And yes, that's Turbo again. If you've been with me awhile, you've seen this pic before. Because yes, my grandpigs all have custom sleeping bags.



4. I was born on the anniversary of my parents' first date. Wasn't that sweet of me? And speaking of sweet, check out Jack! I think he looks adorable with a pink bow. His dad disagreed.


5. I love salads but hate salad dressing. Like with a PASSION I hate it. My kids love to glop ranch dressing on everything and I can't stand to clean the remains off their dishes. I get chills just thinking about it. Thank goodness Jeff's pig Compton can take my mind off that nastiness. He's the newest member of the family. Louie and Jack have been with us the longest. There they are with their dad, Nick.



6. Back in the 1970's, the soap opera "All My Children" named a character after ME. Yes, ME. It was a HUGE DEAL in junior high, let me tell you!!! Long story, but yeah. I was told that a certain character who was pregnant at the time would have a baby and it would be named after me!! No one at school believed me, of course. And then it happened...Anne had baby Elizabeth...for a solid week I ruled that school!! It was heaven. And then...on a Friday...we got the news. Something was HORRIBLY wrong with Baby Elizabeth. She turned out to be catastrophically damaged. Physically, mentally, you name it. Poor thing had an IQ of about four. Of course. And she died. Which caused her mother to die from grief. So those brushes with "fame"? Overrated, let me tell you.
And then fast forward to the 1980's...happened to mention the story to my new husband. Apparently lots of people at work watched the show and so we started taping it. To my delight, there was a teenage girl whose middle name was Elizabeth! To honor her poor little relative. I LIVED ON!!!
Well, not for long. Poor kid was taken out by a drunk driver.



7. Are you still with me? Have I put you to sleep yet? Maybe you've guessed the final Weird Thing? Yes. I'm irrationally attached to my Grandpigs. When the first one came home I didn't even want to touch it. Now I snuggle and cuddle with all four of them every day. And they LOVE their Grammie, let me tell you! They call to me when they hear my voice...
Sorry, I'll stop now. I'm starting to sound weird even to myself.

Oh and thanks to Monica's blog...I learned about redkid.net. Where anyone can make guinea pig themed messages! (Come on...you know you want to!)

6 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Did you ever notice Louie looks a bit Rocket?

Your soap opera story ALWAYS cracks me up.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Mary Anne said...

Yay ! Glad you decided to play and welcome to the society of weirdo's ! HA !! AND.... wow ! -- they really named a character after you on "All My Children"!?! How fun is that !! and here I was trying to impress you all with my runner-upness in the 1976 Tamaqua Bicentennial Princess Contest! (my plastic crown just deflated.....)

Anyhow, love the "Grandpigs" -- they have such cute faces!

10:52 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Ok, first off, I LOVE the Grandpigs. They are too cute!! We have a hamster, who isn't ours, yet, she may become ours and I'll blog about it later! :)
#1 - Hey, I have a sudoku book by my bed too, but I tend to do them at night. My oldest is hooked too. She's found at night hooked up to her ipod doing sudoku.
#2 I'm the opposite as far as coffee. I don't like iced coffe and it doesn't matter if it's 100 degrees outside, I love my hot coffee in the morning.
#3 I have short fat feet, and I love guinea pics in sleeping bags!
#4 great anniversary present for your mom and dad! And boys in bows! Um. well, I used to paint my pit bulls nails hot pink. She was a girl, but my husband got mad and said you don't paint a pit bull's nails! Yes you do, if she's a girl!
#5 I'm with your kids. Give me ranch for everything!
#6 I have a friend (Viv) whose best friend is Eva LaRue, Maria from All My Children. Eva and John Callahan came to Viv's wedding in WA and she is the sweetest person! I'm sorry your characters were killed off!
#7 I don't think that's weird at all! I think if you have animals, you should love on them and make sleeping bags for them! :)

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am wiping hte tears from my eyes. I howled at the picture of Turbo yawning. I showed my husband and he goes: NO. You can not hae one.

Ha ha ha, sooooo adorbale. I used to whatch All my Children with my mom in the 80's, we'd tape it and watch it at night.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

I can't believe your grandpigs have somehow not have been incorporated into one of your quilts! They are adorable!

I too watched soaps when I was in high school (70's). But no one was named after me. Your story is a hoot!

LOL... I thought the bumper sticker was real!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

OMG, I am not the only one who is obsessed with critters.

photos are so cute...

I have a wild guinea pig (and hamster) and gerbil story of my own, but I'll have to save them for if I ever get tagged.

oh, and at my house, people say my toes make me look like me & my close relatives should be living in trees...

best,
H2

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older