Saturday, July 28, 2007

Anybody want to see some pretty fabric?


I sure hope so, 'cause a big 'ol box of it arrived on my front porch yesterday. Forget about ice cream and chocolate sauce, well, I don't really mean that--but gorgeous new fabric is the key to getting the rotary cutter spinning again.

If you aren't familiar with Paris Bebe fabrics, you must drop everything and go to Robin's website. I LOVE EVERYTHING SHE DOES. And you can order from her site! Which is something I really suggest you all do.

I have to apologize for being such a lousy photographer...I figure it's genetic. All part of why I can't get fudge sauce to thicken or begonias to bloom.

But you'll get the idea.



Let's start with this group. That wonderful floral with the white bkgd will be the border for a quilt that's been sitting here waiting for it to arrive. The little pink floral will be in a coordinating pillow...and the red? Well, Robin sent it along figuring I might like it. Uh, good guess, Robin!
I adore that border print...it will find a home in several places including the pink/aqua Christmas quilt I mentioned awhile back. I would love some ornaments that look like that.



Can't get enough aqua. Seriously. The rose swag will be the border for a remake of my Simple Spring Rosebuds quilt with the leftover bits going straight into the Christmas quilt. As will the other piece beside it.



The vintage look floral is for another quilt border...and I'm loving the Paris Bebe, uh, "bebes"...check out the subtle polka dots...but I haven't quite figured that one out yet. The green was another surprise I found in the box.



Now here was a huge treat...isn't this GORGEOUS? Robin had a little snippet of fabric to show customers at Spring Market but that was it. She knew I'd love it and I do. It will make a very special border on a very special quilt that I haven't thought up yet. But you can bet it will have roses...

So I've got the worktable cleared off...the iced tea brewing...and things will be happening! Including more frequent blog-posting...sorry about that but good grief has it ever been dull around here.

Here's to an energy-filled week for all of us!

5 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

OHMYGOSH, I can't believe how wonderful that all is. I didn't remember just how pretty all that fabric was. And the red! You know how I love red. Yummy.Better get out both machines, we'll be busy!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, looks like some fun in store for you. That bebe fabric is adorable!

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice fabric, especially the RED, my personal fave(of course anything RED is my personal fave!!).
I love your book Elizabeth! I picked it up last week when I stopped by IBS to meet PKM. I made Davey drive so I could read when we left...now am cleaning my mess so I can start something!

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DROOL! With a capital D! That Red and that fabulous apple green. I love fabric that speaks and says "Buy me... NOW!" Guess I'll have to wonder over to her site!

8:39 AM  
Blogger The Wooden Spool said...

Oohh, I love these! Love the red, too! :) YUMMY! Thanks for sharing!

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older