Saturday, July 21, 2007

Cat Days of Summer


Don't know why exactly, but it has been SO HARD to get anything quilt related finished. Or started, for that matter. I think Presley has the right idea--this is how he's been spending much of his time--it's either in that chair (which is MY chair), or in a basket next to the sewing machine. On his back. He looks a lot like the other members of this household--we've all become slugs.

But Quilt Market is approaching...AGAIN...and stuff has to get made. Even if I don't feel like it. Which I really don't.


So in keeping with the Christmas in July concept (which I've never really understood), I actually did plug my sewing machine in today. I love the whole retro Christmas style and hope it hangs around for awhile. This project is fun and really easy. The ornaments will get some rick rack trim and the little hook thingies will hopefully get embroidered tonight--if I can find some house flipping shows on tv. Been loving watching those lately.


I also can't seem to get enough of the pink and aqua color combo so I'm going to do a second Christmas ornament quilt using these fabrics. I won't be doing more embroidery, but I'll have fun with the ornaments and maybe pull out my drawer full of fancy ribbon trims for those. Who knows--it may end up too bizarro to show anyone, but I'm kind of looking forward to giving it a try.



But first I believe a nap is in order.

6 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

I love both combos.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

actually it was a 'cap' nap. :-)

I help a couple of local designers and they were whining about Fall Market approaching VERY quickly.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

sweet as sugar...lving all your critters.

meow, woof

pink and turq has been a favorite fo mine since something like 5th grade!

H2

3:30 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

typing...not my special-i-ty!

woops

H2

3:31 AM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

I've been having a hard time getting motivated to do much too. I think it truly is the heat. Here, it is so danged humid and upstairs is just too hot. I NEED to work on a friends' quilt, but haven't yet....maybe tonight. :) Love the pink and aquas!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Pieceful Jane said...

Love both, but wow, the pink/aqua is fabulous!

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older