Thursday, August 02, 2007

The theme continues...


Theme? What theme? Well, that would be the way boxes of gorgeous fabric periodically show up on my front porch. And just to warn you--this will not be the last post on that particular subject.
Yes, it is wonderful--just like Christmas when I get to open a box that I know has new fabric inside. But along with the thrill, there's PRESSURE. Pressure to come up with a project that quilters will find appealing, and that shows off the fabric so that those same quilters will want yards of it for themselves. So that this wonderful cycle can continue.
So anyway, actually it was a couple of weeks ago I received this big box of fabric from Lake House. I'd been dying over this line since I saw it in Salt Lake City. Holly suggested I come up with a block of the month. Well, sure! Why not?

Well, being an avid Harry Potter fan, I certainly wish I'd thought to grab a hunk of Anne's hair when we had lunch together last month so I could make some Polyjuice potion and get her to do the math for me. Because she's the absolute MASTER of the block of the month format.

I do know this much...all that black fabric means these guys will have to return. Only this time...they'll be naked. Sorry, but no more hats or vests. They can't always be going to a party, you know.


So the pressure is on! This fabric really is yummy--if you've been checking out Holly's blog lately she's been posting terrific photos of projects that have been made using La Belle Rose.

So I'll be finishing up the drawing and getting stuff fused so Pam can do the blanket stitching for me.

Needless to say, Presley is the only one around here who will be getting enough of these...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo, can't wait to see what you come up with....but I think there's maybe one or two fabrics from this line you didn't get...

M2

3:13 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Can't wait too see what you have in store!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

Oh what a nice compliment, but I have to say you are the one that deserves a compliment. I know anything you do will be darling and I just can't wait to see what you come up with! Beautiful fabric and great designer...now there's a great combination!

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I love the fabric and can hardly wait to see what adorable items you come up with, I am sure they will be irresistable!
ps...love your new book!! Great job!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

I totally missed this post,
how is that?

Have seen more of the little details of this quilt than the rest of you, and I promise you, it's gonna be a heart breaker!

H2

4:41 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Presley, you remind me of my college kitty Chuckie

precious.

H2

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older