Friday, August 24, 2007

Driving Pink!!!


We're all used to thinking pink--and quilting pink. But what about driving pink?
That's what I got to do today and I had a BLAST.



It's called the BMW Ultimate Drive and it happens every year all over the country. You get to test drive brand new BMWs and for every mile you drive, BMW donates $1 to the Susan G. Komen fund.

I'd first heard about it thru eldest son Eric--the car guy. He works at East Bay BMW and that's where the event was held today.



I took my dad with me and I drove six different BMWs--they had a total of 17 cars for the event. I drove two convertibles and it was perfect top-down weather! The traffic sort of cooperated as well...I mean what's the point of driving a BMW if you can't jump on it a bit!



It's great that something that's so much fun is also for such a great cause. If you're interested in having this experience for yourself (come on, you KNOW you want to!) go to bmwusa.com/theultimatedrive to see when the event is coming to your area.

What a way to start the weekend!

6 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Ahhh the z4? Yummy! And for an excellent cause!

3:41 PM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Oh, now that looks like a fun way to spend an afternoon. . . especially with your dad! What a fun date!
xo, Bren

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so-ooo jealous. I wish I had known about this event as hubby & I both are BMW enthusiasts & what a great cause to drive for! I will have to go next year...hope they have an M5 or an M coupe...fun fun fun!

Tracy Souza

1:00 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

hey what great idea!


I'm all over it.

actually, Paton's the bimmer guy...
trivia factoid, he's the bmw club racing four time national champion in his class. 2 years in J stock and 2 years in J prepared.

if he hadn't broken his leg this spring and been on blood thinners, this might have been his fifth year in a row to win.

me, I just attended bad driver school (for the first and hopefully the last time)

it's the old opposites attract thing.

H2

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth! How wonderful! I wish I still had my dad to drive around with! I have taken my mom for convertible rides many times, we love it too! The weather looks wonderful there! We've had floods at home while we have been in Nashville where they are in a severe drought. Go figure!

Didn't you love the picture from SLC! You guys are so CUTE! Can't wait to see you in Houston!

6:39 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

How cool! It's fun test driving different cars, and if they give to a cause, well, that's even better. We got to drive a Ticket Red Mustang in Portland. I rented a 4 door mid-size, and they gave us the Mustang. I love V-8s! :)

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older