Thursday, April 09, 2009

It's another...



YARN POST. I know, not really a surprise, is it?



I did finish my first sweater...and so far Dummy (she doesn't have a name) is the only one who has worn it. It does fit, but seems a little too...oh I don't know. Maybe I just haven't figured out what to wear it with. But it was fun and I had to immediately race out and get more yarn.



This next sweater is not as much fun to make. In fact, it's been a bit boring. The only thing that's keeping me going is wondering how the heck this ever-growing rectangle is gonna turn into an actual sweater. I'll keep you posted.



On the crochet front, I did finish the pillow! Yay! And I love it. It's from a British company called Rooster. For some reason my absolute FAVORITE (favourite?) yarn patterns seem to always be by British designers.*

I did change the flowers and leaves on the pillow since I simply could not make sense out of the instructions. But I highly recommend the project and am planning on making several more. The pillow is kept on top of a plastic bin in my studio since I'm too afraid to put it out on an actual piece of furniture.



*It is entirely possible that I could have a new favorite source for crochet projects. I picked up these 2 books recently...and they are filled with the loveliest of crochet designs. Unfortunately the page numbers are the only part that's in english, so that will likely be an issue.

Next up: QUILTS. Yes, really!

14 Comments:

Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Your stuff is great Elizabeth, yarn or fabric - either one. I've gotten my daughter some of the japanese knitting books and they have gone ok I'd say. Reading directions is an issue but I make most stuff up anyway even when I can read them. The sweater is cute though and I'm sure it will look nice on you.

11:00 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Your sweater & pillow are so pretty! Oh - they DO make me want to learn how to crochet again!. . .
xo, Bren

9:57 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

You're killing me with the yarn stuff. Maybe on our trip you can teach me to make that pillow. grr.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your sweater is lovely. I am knitting Christmas stockings, very time consuming, but so neat!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love it all, but that pillow is great! Can't wait to see the quilts!

5:08 AM  
Blogger Kay Whitt said...

Love the sweater, Elizabeth! What pattern did you use? I would like to make one for myself!

11:30 AM  
Blogger life in red shoes said...

The pillow turned out darling, now I'm all inspired.

12:36 PM  
Blogger annemarie said...

I absolutely love that pillow pattern - would you be willing to share the source of the pattern. I see it is in a book from one of your previous posts but I do not see the name of the book! Your sweater is so pretty - your talent is amazing.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Annelies said...

Oh my .....so pretty. PLEASE can you tell me where the pattern for the sweater is from. I am a new knitter too ( and loving it) and that sweater with the ribbon is just my cup of tea!!!! XXX Annie

7:12 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Your "shrug" sweater would look cute over a sundress.

10:07 AM  
Blogger tina said...

YAY!!!! Let's here it for the knitterly among us! :)

CUTE shrug-------

1:45 PM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

Woooosh. Yarn. Right over my head. I wish I knew how to knit/crochet... and love seeing the pretties you make. I love that pillow!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Crafts a la Mode said...

Beautiful work. I admire anyone who can read those knitting/crocheting directions. God bless.
Linda

10:32 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

Love the shrug...thanks for the link to the free pattern!

I wanted to know where you got your form? I would love to have one like that...

Good luck at market!!!
Paula :)

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older