Monday, August 31, 2009

great start to the week

While I should have been home sewing, Pam and I were presented with an opportunity we just couldn't pass up...



Here we go, across the bay...



To visit a friend who just happened to be in the area...



Pam now has her coffee, so let the hours of chatting commence!



How on earth will we decide what to have for dessert? Luckily, any choice is a good choice here...



Holly let me use the most delightful placemat for my cake...

It was a great visit (if you haven't yet taken a peek at Holly's upcoming fabric on her blog, go over there right now...and trust me...the coordinating prints are just as wonderful.

The visit had to come to an end...if we stayed much longer we'd be ordering dinner. Not like that would have been a bad thing...



Easy to get distracted on the way back to the car.



And it's back across the bay for us...always oddly comforting to see San Francisco in the distance.

Now tomorrow, it's sewing and more sewing!

10 Comments:

Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

Blue skies, the open road, good friends AND a large dessert selection .... PRICELESS !!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Two things: First, you and Pam have the most fun of anyone I know!

Second: Where is that bakery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know there is an almond croissant with my name on it somewhere in there and it's calling me!!!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Jodi Nelson said...

mmmm. that bakery looks devine! Happy Sewing! ooxx`jodi

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Suzanne@NotesfromthePatch said...

I had that same placemat on my table last week. Not quite the ambiance though and no yummy sweets, but I found yummy Lakehouse fabrics to buy! Loved the vintage writing and the birds...oh, the birds! Can't wait to get them!

6:31 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

Ditto Mary Anne & Jean! And even with my fear of sliding through the openings on the sides of the San Rafael Bridge... it looks like a wonderful yummy day!

11:25 AM  
Anonymous holly said...

hello from the

Oakland airport...
never thought I'd make it, a truck in Berkeley almost ripped the side mirror off my car, a wrong turn put me in Alameda.

too much fun seeing you and your side kick.

lol

H2

12:45 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Ok, was is you or Pam who had that color coordinated dessert? Looks like a blast of a day. Always fun to head to the bay. We were there last Friday and it was 95 degrees...I melted....

Hope you're doing great!
Becky
xx

2:37 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Haha -- Miss Jean's comment cracked me up. Do that poor girl a favor and point her in the right direction LOL! Looks like you girlies had a wonderful day!

5:22 AM  
Blogger Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

looks like you had lots of fun.. now the question is what are you working on? .. ;-)

11:09 AM  
Anonymous tammy tadd said...

I agree, you guys have way more fun than anyone I know! Miss you!

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older