Monday, July 27, 2009

A break from painting



Painting my kitchen is turning out to be quite an experience. A slow, tedious experience. And I have to say I will never do it again. I've always wanted white cabinets and that's what I'll eventually have, but it's costing me some sanity I really can't spare.
But it's coming along. One of the only things that's keeping me going is looking forward to the day I can hang this vintage towel on my stove!

So the ideas keep coming for Nick's apartment...just hope I can get everything done in time. And that he and Kari don't end up rolling their eyes at my efforts!



Back when Pam and I were at Prairie Queens I picked up some of this amazing Paula Prass fabric--totally not what I usually go for but I love it and hoped the kids would too. And they do! The quilt is turning out a bit bigger than I'd planned...I'll get a better pic when the top is finished. I can say that these are the biggest half square triangles I've ever made.

So it's back upstairs for me to hopefully finish the quilt top and move on to the next project!

6 Comments:

Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I really hate painting. Good luck with it. That towel is fabulous.

4:09 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

I feel your pain, as you well know.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I cannot stand to paint. One of the reasons is I'm so bad at it. I painted my living room and had to pay someone to come back in and finish it and paint over the ceilings where I got green paint all over them. As I write this I have someone painting my bedroom. I wish I was talented and inclined to do it myself as it would save me some money. Alas, my talents lie in other areas. What they are, I have no clue, but they are there somewhere, I'm sure. I can't wait to see your kitchen.

Hey, my word verification was "depledge". Does that me to "Un-dust?"

1:43 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

I LOVE the fabric. Good luck with the painting. WHen ever I get the clever idea that I can do it myself and "save" money, I always spend more money and I get all that lovely stress! ;0

10:56 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

but what color are you painting it? I am in deep suspense here.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love your fabrics ...
Good luck to paintings...
--
Michell
Get the best FREE offers on the Best Home security Systems

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older