Tuesday, August 25, 2009

moving day!


Yay!! They're finally moved and settled in...here's Nick taking a break...


and here's the quilt! Too big for them to hold it except for sideways...I am not a contemporary quilt designer so decided it would save time and effort to find someone else's pattern to use. Even better, this is a freebie!

You can't see the quilting--but Darla of Wildflower Quilting did an awesome job.

They had TEN people help move them...not sure how I managed to get a couple pics without random arms and legs!


It's probably a good thing I'm too far away to visit them frequently...because I am ITCHING to iron those slipcovers and switch the positions of those two lamps.
I know, I know...it's their apartment...

But it is cute and I'm so happy they let me in on the fun!

11 Comments:

Blogger jenny allsorts said...

Wow! That is a gorgeous quilt!

1:22 PM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

I love that quilt Elizabeth! Thanks for the link. Yours really POPS with that fabric. (I would've ironed the slipcovers if you didn't get to it first) ;-)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Minick and Simpson said...

Lovely quilt, and how exciting for them!

Laurie

2:36 PM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I love the quilt you made and the colors! I'm going to download that pattern for sure.

When I go to my daughter's home I have to sit on my hands. We have waaaaay different tastes and she for sure doesn't want my input on anything. My son lives in Colorado and I've never seen his place (they just moved in). But when I do, I'll be the good MIL and keep my opinions to myself.

Does your son know how luck he is to have THE Late Bloomer for a Mom?

3:34 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

It looks cute and I know they appreciate all those wonderful gifts so that's extra good.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Gosh, what super lucky kids to have YOU for their mother. That quilt is so cool. Isn't it the worst not to be able to just take over? And try being with them for moving day and sitting on your hands when the OTHER mother arranges something the way YOU don't like it...now THAT'S torture LOL!!!

8:23 PM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

I love the quilt! Lucky kids - I love your sweet touches you've made their apartment into a home with!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

the quilt looks great!! and i know how you feel about wanting to move things... i just spent a week at my brother's house in LA and i felt the same way!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow,amazing quilts...
It looks so cute...
--
Michell
Get the best FREE offers on the Best Home security Systems

4:23 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Elizabeth, the quilt is just gorgeous!!! Great colors!
At home I just close my son's bedroom door - what I cannot see won't hurt me.

You are a wonderful mom!!

xx
becky

8:45 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

The quilt came out GREAT !!! and good for you for "overlooking" the lamp placement , etc (or at least not mentioning it)

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older