Thursday, September 23, 2010

Quilting in the Garden



Took me long enough to get this post up, right? The event is this weekend! Alden Lane is the most wonderful nursery in the world. I can't tell you how many times I've gone there just to stroll around and take in the beauty and the quiet. It's such a thrill that this year 24 of my quilts will be on display at one of my very favorite local places.

If you're in the bay area, I sure hope you'll stop by...if you click on the above link you'll learn all about it--including all of the artists who will have their quilts hanging in the garden for you to enjoy.

I'm also pleased to tell you that Wooden Gate Quilts in Danville is having its official grand opening this weekend as well--and Bari J will be there showing her amazing fabric and new designs.

It's going to be plenty warm, but the oak trees keep it nice and shady. I know a great time will be had by all.



Oh and by the way...Alden Lane's gift shop is packed with neat gifty items geared toward quilters...darling ornaments, bags, frames, and the cutest little bracelets ever. (Mine's pink.)



P.S. I want to try to catch up a bit on some things...I'm so happy so many of you are interested in the new bag pattern and handles. I will be carrying handles, in several styles on my website, but bear with me--Market prep is overwhelming right now. I'll let you all know when they're available. New bag and quilt patterns will be up soon as well.

In the meantime, Fat Quarter Shop has Red Rose Farm in stock as well as the cutest ever bag designed by Pam Kitty Morning herself. It's an exclusive pattern and kit.

If you're local, Wooden Gate Quilts in Danville has the entire collection on its shelves. Which is more than I have right now!

10 Comments:

Blogger Jennwith4 said...

What lovely pics!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Anita said...

I love quilting in the garden!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Little Bluebell (Adrianne) said...

I'm going!! I went last year for the first time and loved it! I looks like I'm going to extend my trip to Danville this year. w00t! Thanks for the heads up.

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had this on my calendar for weeks. Can't wait! My family knows I'm booked this weekend!

Donna

2:19 PM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

We'll be there! We have our tickets!!!

9:50 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Ohhh can't wait. Need to get there to check in on things.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

we will be seeing you soooooon!!!!!
i am loving my fabrics and have one bag down and am almost done with bag two! they are yummy goodness!!!

dontcha just love this bed?!! wow!

looking forward to seeing your beautiful quilts!!

xoxo
becky
...and duhgall sends his love

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coming over from Miss Jean's Blog!! Your fabrics are just gorgeous!!! I am a lover of all things pink and roses so you have me captured!! I've never met anyone who designed fabrics- love fabrics though I am not a quilter---Yet---!

Looks like you all had a lovely time on your outing!! I was privileged to meet Maggie and her sweet parents when they came through Co to visit their son and look forward to many more visits with them!

bee blessed
mary

9:12 AM  
Blogger Grandma Shell said...

I know (hope) you will take lots of photos for those of us who are far away Is Quilting in The Garden always the last weekend in Sept? I have a daughter in Sac that would love me to come visit her! Love that raised 'flower bed.' I've never seen one done quite like that before. Great idea. Glad to know the bag/fabric will soon be available. Thanks.

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Patty said...

I just ordered my Red Rose Farm fabric...whoo...hoo! Can't wait to see it in all it's yumminess. I wish this was closer, it looks like a lot of fun. Patty

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older