Tuesday, September 08, 2009

GEARING up for Market



Was Labor Day labor-free for everybody? Probably not for any quilt designers out there...but I'm not complaining. I'm a little late on getting my act together, but it feels good to have definite plans in the works.



I'm very excited about my next project--I've always loved Joanna's fabrics and am thrilled to see how well her latest line goes with Brenda's first collection!

The plan involves roses. No surprise there, right? When you have roses, you have leaves. Lots of leaves. While I love fusible web for applique, all that tracing gets tedious. I don't have a tv in my studio--and the only place I could fit a tv is where Melvin lives.

So I rely on my laptop to keep me adequately entertained.

Honestly I wouldn't know about a single show on tv without Pam's help, but my very favorite show in the world was introduced to me by my kids. I'm sure every designer has their preferences, but I can't live without this one.



Pam is getting anxious--she does much of my blanket stitching for me and the clock is certainly ticking. So yesterday was spent tracing leaves. And fusing leaves. And cutting leaves. 143 leaves, to be precise, with possibly more for the border.



Pam enjoys blanket stitching--says it's relaxing. Which it is. Not sure she'll find 143 leaves "relaxing", so please don't tell her, ok?

12 Comments:

Blogger Minick and Simpson said...

The quilt looks lovely and I can't wait to see the finished product. Can't say I would like a show about all things motorized, but I sure am envious that you get BBC America. If it was on our cable system I would never get anything done.

Laurie

9:52 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I have two different opinions about pre-market time. A. OOOHHHHH, more goodies. I can't wait to see all the pictures of market and then find out where to get all the new patterns/kits!!!!! B. Oh, no Market1! I don't have the stuff from the last market done!

Opinion A always wins.

If you ever need help with leaves just call and Becky and I will hop on over and help you out. Our lips would be sealed. But that's not to say I wouldn't be drooling on all that loveliness!

I can't wait to see what's up your sleeve.

11:53 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Ohh well I'll hope for lots of crime based marathons with that many leaves.

1:17 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

P.S. I see the stig.

1:18 PM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

I can't wait to see what Joanna's and Bren's fabric becomes. Little figgy acorn blooming treat for sure!

Top Gear... I was sooo looking forward to the Adam Carolla US version... so bummed about that.

3:15 PM  
Anonymous joanna said...

I love how those 2 groups go together. I'm sure you will come up with something yummy or rosey as the case might be! I just finished way too many leaves of my own, so can't even cheer you on in yours.

Happy Sewing,

Joanna

5:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looking forward to seeing what you are working on in person at market. Especially all that PKM blanket stitching. Good to watch a show when doing all that tracing and cutting. See you at market, soon!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

my advice... stop counting and "just keep stitching...stitching" {finding nemo... just keep swimming}

9:06 PM  
Blogger Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Gotta love the Stig! That's one of the shows that my husband and I enjoy together. So imagine my surprise to see a reference to it on your blog. Very cool!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

143 LEAVES ??!!!??!!! How's your hand ??!!??!!! Can you get it to come out of the cutting position?

Anyhow.... I'm sure we'll all love the fruits of your labor and cramped hand!!!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Can't wait to see your project...and how fun that Brenda's line coordinates with Joanna's. It's always good to know those kind of things to plan fabric purchases!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Deb Silva said...

I LOVE TopGear!!!! Those blokes are spot on funny.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older