Thursday, May 10, 2007

More!


I'd better hurry up--Pam's already covered so much of Market and I'm still back in Nevada. And how sad is that!
OK, so fast-forward to Salt Lake City. Land of gorgeous snow covered mountains and very confusing streets. Pam and I got very used to having people look at us indulgently and explain that the "streets are laid out on a grid". As if that's all there is to it. I live in a city that has a grid. It's a NICE grid. Where lettered streets go in one direction and numbered streets in the other. In MY world, you simply can't go "Eastbound on South Temple" because South Temple wouldn't GO that way. Hmmmph. Anyhoo, you can't beat the view from the Olive Garden...I'll give them that much.

So here's one of our homes away from home, and here's the other.


One of the things that's SO COOL about Market is all the people who drop by. It's super exciting to have FAMOUS people you've admired forever...like Meg Hawkey of Crabapple Hill. I wanted to just go home after seeing her booth. Because Meg specializes in Pretty and has it ALL COVERED. And I'm pleased to report that she's just as nice as it's possible to be.

And here's Robin of Paris Bebe!!
Don't you just LOVE her fabrics? I sure do--and there will be more amazing pieces coming later. I can't wait. Robin has a CRAZY amount of talent.

And here's my neighbor from Fall Market--Brenda! She's so sweet and calm--you just can't feel stressed when Bren's around. And again, her booth was adorable. So many lovely new projects to want to make...and her book? Amazing. I understand she sold out at Market...but I'm a fairly patient person so am willing to wait for my SIGNED copy.
And to the right? That's Cyndi! She's a fellow blogger and this was her first Market. Her stuff is wonderful and I'm betting she got about a thousand orders for her patterns.

So many talented people--it's EXHAUSTING.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm cracking over Pam being in SLC while you're still in NV!

When you packed up your booth, did you box it up and send it to me? Because I want EVERYTHING. Oh yeah, ALL OF IT!

I'm hungry for your next installment!

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL... CRACKING UP not cracking.

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAH! Look at us and our big ass smiles! It was awesome meeting you at market and thanks for the kind words.

Funny thing is, after seeing YOUR booth I wanted to go home... ;) Your booth was just to die for. *sigh* Next market!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Beautiful pictures but where are YOUR new patterns???? I've been patiently waiting and yet anxiously waiting at the same time! Elizabeth your booth is ADORABLE!

10:55 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Some famous people did come by. Thank goodness the layout of the convention center wasn't like the layout of SLC.. or we'd still be looking for our booth.

12:04 PM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Isn't it so funny that everyone in SLC thinks that their street layout is so easy & clear? HA! I just started to get it on the last day. . . kinda, sorta. . . (okay, not really).
Your booth is so pretty! I sooooo want your blue & cream quilt on the left. . . ! LOVE IT!
- Bren

12:13 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I am really enjoying your Spring Quilt Market Chronicles Elizabeth! I linked to the Crabapple site and think I need to take up embroidery immediately.

3:33 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Wow, I would have never wanted to leave there from all that talent. Was it totally oozing everywhere?? Love the quilts, aprons, fabrics, friends...love it all! :)

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed you at quilt market but so glad you got around to see all your buds it is one big happy family and I agree so much talent ya gotta blog about it...Hope to see you at the next one Elizabeth until then we can keep blabbing..Jennifer

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, Your booth looks wonderful! What beautiful quilts. I hope you get lots & lots of pattern & book orders.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older