Saturday, April 28, 2007

A Quilty Day

Even thought I'm still in Market Panic Mode, I got to take a break from all of that to teach the second part of a Charming Tulips class at In Between Stitches today. The class had quite a bit of homework to do over the last 2 weeks (that means piece the entire top) and all but 2 got that done. I was impressed!
One of the things that's great about a class like this is getting to see other quilters' fabric choices. As a pattern designer, the more the students' quilts differ from mine, the more fun it is for me. And this group of ladies did not disappoint. Please forgive the fact that a couple of these pics are sideways...I'll do better next time--I promise!


Here's Gail's top--she combined Moda's Old Fashioned Charm with other prints and batiks. All of Gail was originally in this photo, but sadly I caught her mid-talk, and it didn't seem right to post a DMV-worthy shot of Gail.

Kaye was going with a cheery Spring look--similar to my quilt but brighter. It's going to be lovely when she finishes.


Sara chose the new April Cornell line and the yellows and blues are so pretty.


Virginia, posing with her quilt top, was having a great time!


She'd never done any applique before and had a real vision for her quilt--it was planned to go in a specific place in her home. She'd seemed a bit uncomfortable in the first class--because her colors and block arrangement were so very different from everyone else's. Look how cool her tulips are! The swirly petals were my favorite.


So that was all fun...but I was anxious to get back because WOW is there ever a lot of work left to be done in the next few days. And look what I found when I got home!!

My little girl came through for me! That level of gumption tells me that she must indeed be Mimi's sister! So what could I do but give her a name right then and there. So this is Sophie. I suggested "Sew-phie" but she did not seem to appreciate my lame humor. So Mimi? What do you think of your sister?

8 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

OMG WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR WATER DISPENSER?

Glad Sophie got on those pole covers etc. Not much left to do now but relax and watch tv, right?
(insert maniacal laughter here)

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG... I'm trying to type and Mimi keeps edging me away from the keyboard! I don't know who's more excited me or Mimi!

My dearest sister Sophie,
I absolutely adore your new name! It's SEW perfect and I think your mum has a great wit to suggest "Sew-phie". I LOVE IT!

So what's in that darling water cooler and why are you passed out? Did your Mum work you too hard? Is there Vodka in the cooler? Did you pass out from sheer delight after seeing all those beautiful quilts in the photos above you?

Ahhh my sister Sophie... I heart you!
Love,
Mimi

10:24 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Paganelli said...

Elizabeth...likewise look forward to getting to know everyone...Look at that Hello Kitty machine....just love your quilts and bags look amazing...I will look for your booth...Jennifer

7:48 AM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Ooo, I love the quilts. The last one reminds me of berry skittles! :) I'm wondering what's in the "water" dispenser too! Maybe a good Hefeweizen! :)

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth! have fun at market! I was just looking the C&T site and came across your book in the new arrival section. Can't wait to get it!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Gypsy Purple said...

What lovely things you make!!!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Feeling Simply Quilty said...

Great Class! I think your students benefited from a good teacher. And thanks for sharing their pics.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

That is incredible how different all those quilts turned out! The secret is the great pattern--it makes anything look terrific.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older