Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Back to "Normal"


Quilt Market was wonderful, but it was good to get home...I missed my guys...and my grandpigs...and I do believe they missed me.


I got to help Jeff get ready for school on Halloween. (BTW...according to Jeff, being a 15 year old male Princess is the BEST way to get real positive girl attention in high school. Food for thought.)
But seeing Jeff in all his royal splendor got me thinking. And I realized I'm still not over my pink and aqua thing.



Making this quilt made me so happy! So obviously MORE pink and MORE aqua will make me even happier, right?
So I called my ever so trusty sidekick and driver, Pam and we agreed a trip to Niles was in order!
I'll leave out some of the less pleasant details for Pam herself to cover...
Anyhoo, we ended up hopping on the back road out of town...Just me, and Pam, and apparently James Bond. I'm pretty sure I drooled all over Pam's upholstery when I saw that car--hope it didn't stain...


We didn't have to worry about having 007 beat us to any pink and aqua as he took off toward the North. To Thimble Creek, perhaps?

And I'm pleased to report that my new fav shopping spot, Mary Margaret's did not disappoint. I mean check out the front windows! To the right, my aqua...



To the left, my pink!



And yes, I found goodies. So back to sewing! I'll share when there's stuff to show, but you already know what the colors will be.

8 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Yes, it was a fun day! Well most of it!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

LOL, your son looks so cute! My mom gives my 23 yr. old son "my little princess" birthday cards every year -- maybe we should forward them to your son! ;-) As always, I love your inspiration!

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun looking shop. I'm putting binding on a pink & aqua quilt as we speak. One of my fav color combinations.

12:10 PM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

OH! Sweet little ornies you found there! I adore that ornie quilt of yours. Def the next pattern I need to buy.

9:43 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

What a great place to keep your guinea pigs! They can see everything from there. And what a pretty princess. :) hee hee Glad you girls were safe on the trip, in spite of the metal on the road!

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a Cinderella dress! HAH! A sure fire way into any girls heart.

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smart boy!!!! Bet he got lots of attention. I really want to make your ornament quilt up before Christmas...It is so beautiful! I'm so glad you are into the pink and aqua thing!!! You keep goin' girl!

Hope to see you soon,
Jere'e the quickie quilter

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything is just too cute E! I'm drooling over your pink/aqua delights. Love the aqua dress your lil' princess is wearing too!

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older