Tuesday, November 06, 2007

My Favorite New Designer!




OK, Pam has hinted around about it a bit, but I'm gonna make it OFFICIAL. Pam is now a designer! Yes indeed, she's got TWO new bag patterns that debuted at Quilt Market. Some of the bags were in the Late Bloomer booth and some were in Holly's booth. Plus one was over at Checker Distributors and still another at Windham Fabrics. That Pam really gets around. They are absolutely darling, both of 'em, and as a non-bag maker (3 dimensional stuff confuses me) I can tell you they are super easy to make. How do I know this? Because in preparation for Market, I made a TON OF THEM. I think I made about 8 of the Market Bag and around 20 of the Little Purse. Did we need that many? Nooo...but it was so much fun to pick fabric combos that I couldn't stop. Yes, I know I have some OCD issues. But this meant that many ladies got to leave Houston with an actual Pam Purse and how cool is that.
The smaller bag Pam has wisely named "A Little Purse" and isn't it cute in the new LakeHouse fabrics?



We also did a couple of Market Bags with the fun new Cherry Baby fabric.



If you are interested in making some for yourselves (and you know you are) the patterns are available on my website.
At some point, more finished bags may be offered for sale as well--since I've got a ton of fabric and these bags are almost as addicting as Jax french fries.

11 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Ahhhhhh I'm going to go hide now.

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know where Pam's hiding!

I'm so in love with these bags and love the fabs you picked E (and Pam too?). I bought my A Little Bag pattern yesterday at AL's... waiting for the second pattern to come in. You and Pam just oooze with amazing talent!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I spotted the patterns on your website earlier today. They are adorable. I was tempted to order them but I'm not a bag maker - I'm bagophobic. LOL

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam's bags are wonderful, we picked up both patterns for our shop and can't wait to make them for samples. The fabric choices were perfect. Your patterns are wonderful too, I think I picked up 3 different ones for the shop.. Were working on samples now.Thanks for the hard work Your booth was really cute

9:14 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Wow! Aren't those bags adorable??? And now I REALLY want some of that new Cherry Baby fabric too!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Mary's Cottage Quilts said...

That Pam, so cool and a designer too!! Who knew!! I LOVE the bags - very cute!
mary

6:41 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Having seen the purse and patterns in person I can say they are WONDERFUL! Can't wait to make some of my own.

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PKM's patterns are just adorable. I knew she had it in her!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

What I don't understand is why Pam didn't mention this herself? Was she ever going to mention it?

They are so cute! I'm not at all surprised that she's gone into the pattern making side of things-just a matter of time!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Busy Little Quilter said...

Aren't they adorbable??? I love them all!

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the new bag patterns. And I love making bags so I'm ordering that pattern from you. Way to go PKM!!!!

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older