Monday, November 12, 2007

Creative Sunday


Yesterday was loads of fun at In Between Stitches here in Livermore. It's pretty much always fun to make Christmas stuff, right?
I taught a class based on my Cottage Christmas pattern...some ladies had kits and others were ready to do their own thing.


Sandy had no desire to make Christmas ornaments, she just wanted to learn how to turn her piece of lovely applique into a pillow. But she was getting caught up in the fun and considering a runner and some ornaments by the time the class ended.


Kathleen was finished FIRST. Which is a big deal in a class, you know. What was funny was seeing ladies trying to remember just how to go about cutting something out with scissors...and using their pinking shears for the first time in ages.


I tried to take a picture of Rose working on her Christmas tree, but she didn't like that idea too much...so she created a vignette for me to photograph instead. That's her runner and tree, Karen's star ornament and I'm pretty sure that's my pillow!

It was a fun class and I had a chance to make a couple things myself--for the aqua and pink Christmas kick I'm still on.
But more on that later.

In the meantime, be sure to go see what Holly's got to report. Pam and I are scouring the local shops trying to get our hands on that magazine!

5 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

That looks like a lot fun!!! Your ornaments are so cute... I love the aqua and pink thing.

And yes, we need that magazine!! NOW.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Oh Elizabeth -- why can't you live closer??? All those Christmas goodies look fabulous -- I really love those little stars -- what a great idea. When we were quilt shopping last weekend I hardly saw ANY Christmas fabric or Christmas displays -- SO Sad!!! I was so disappointed!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

It's me again Elizabeth -- can you tell me the name of the fabric line that appears in the picture of Rose's vignette? I want to do a tree skirt for my sister and she likes lighter fabrics. The quilt shops I looked at this weekend had almost no Christmas fabrics -- ??? I've looked on line but haven't really had any luck -- I thought maybe if I had the name of the line, I could do a google search. I may end up doing only red and white....

2:48 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

What a fun day! Dang, I need to find a good, fun partner to play with. When I get back home to Oregon, I'll have Monica....I CANNOT wait!

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure wish I lived in Northern Ca still so I could take classes from you and the girls. Love all the things they were making. Love your new pattern with the ornament.I've got to get my hands on that.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older