Monday, December 10, 2007

December in California

How are we supposed to be thinking Christmas when the roses are still blooming?

It has been so crazy around here--much as I'd love to just sit and crochet...er, I mean QUILT. Yes. QUILT--that's the thing I do--I haven't had a chance.

It appears that (shhh...I don't want to jinx it) that Santa may be bringing me a sewing room for Christmas!! Yes, eldest son Eric (the car guy) may well be leaving the nest. Which means lots of stuff has been dumped all over the Late Bloomer Quilts domain in preparation for the Big Move West. I'd show you all a "before" shot of the room, but I can't bear to even go in it yet. It's that bad.

Anyhoo, here's a couple of shots of my bedroom semi-decked out for the season. Don't you just love Target? I love pretty much everything Rachel Ashwell has ever done and this stocking that just happens to coordinate with my bedding is no exception. I'm just a bit sad 'cause I learned way back when in design school that once something hits the discount stores it's OUT OF STYLE. Oh well, I've been called worse!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week--I'll update with bits as I can!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could it be?!!! A sewing room all of your own... I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope Santa can fit it down the chimney.

3:02 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Your own little Christmas miracle!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Mar said...

how could anything that sweet go out of style?

8:49 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Congrats on the new sewing room. And it's not out of style if you love it!!! That's what I say!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

I LOVE that stocking. Hard to believe that could be out of style! Hope you get your sewing room for Christmas, how exciting!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

Oh no! I have the same stocking, but I am saving in for next year. I will REALLY be out of style then! Love your pink and aqua Christmas theme. I avoided a red theme this year. Please stop by and say hello!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

I'm saving "it." Yikes, I dislike typos! Forgive me. :)

8:47 AM  
Blogger Amongst The Oaks said...

Just discovered your blog and you shouldn't feel like you're "out of style" once things you like arrive at Target. Decorating should be for your own personal enjoyment, shouldn't it? If your like it and it's at Target, so much the better! (Of course, this encouragement is coming from someone so hopelessly "out of style" by American standards that she subscribes to magazines from the UK.)
Congrats on getting your craft room. Hope to see photos of it soon.
Laura at Amongst The Oaks

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older