Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Girlie Stuff



Yippee! The scarf sets are finished! And I'm sure you'll agree that Pam did the best job on her set. I love it!
If you want to have some scarf decorating fun of your own, click on the button and print out some instructions!



Oh and there's one detail I need to mention...I've been asked about the crocheted flower on the hat. Yes, I actually did that myself and I am NOT a crocheter. Here's the book I used for the instructions and believe me--if I can make that flower, your dog could make that flower.

Speaking of...

It's been a busy time around here...so many distractions to keep me from keeping up with things. Got an email yesterday letting me know that a certain Miss Chelsea has run out of patience waiting for pictures of my new little distraction.



So for Chelsea and everyone else, meet Jane!



Jane is 11 months old and is part Chihuahua and part, uh, ummm...any thoughts?

I am totally NOT a tiny dog person. If someone had told me that someday a dog with even a molecule of Chihuahua blood would be living in my house I'd have told them they're crazy.

My youngest son Jeff and I had gone to a pet rescue place in San Jose looking for a particular dog we'd seen online. When we got there, we were told the dog had already been adopted and that her new owner was on her way to pick her up. Sigh. But next to that cage was Jane. She put her little paws up on the bars of her cage and whimpered. That was all it took.



I've been in contact with her previous owner and know quite a bit of her history. She'd been taken away from her mother at 3 weeks of age and had been abused. She was a wreck when her previous owner adopted her. Over time she became a loving, devoted dog to her owner but was terrified of men. All men.



Seems like maybe our house is the wrong place for such a little girl? Well, no! Jane's absolute favorite person on the planet is Jeff. She adores him and it's awesome to see my shaggy-headed, metal band tshirt wearing kid melt when she cuddles up to him.
She's still nervous around my husband and son Nick, but is making progress. And I can say that she's the sweetest little bundle of love I've ever seen.



As you can see, she likes arranging her bat ears in different poses. And yes, she already has her own quilt (but more on that later!)

17 Comments:

Blogger Anne Marie said...

Oh she is sooo cute, I have a terrier named Sheila that could be Jane's sister... Difference is Sheila loves men and simply tolerates women. Best of Luck with your new addition!!!

9:58 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Sorry, yours is cuter. The end.

Jane is cute and she likes me, a little. Well she likes the dog biscuits I bring anyway.

Can't wait to see the quilt!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

Oh my gosh, Chelsea took one look at how cute Jane is and told me she wanted to go on a diet right away. Jane is ADORABLE and you are the perfect person to have her. I feel like a dog knows when you rescue them and they are even better dogs because of it. Of course she has her own quilt. It's what I would expect (:

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love yours and Pam's equally. LOVE THEM! And I'm thrilled to know my dogs are going to be able to make those darling crocheted flowers for me. Up Libby. Up Madison. Get your leashes... we're going to the yarn shop!

Darling, darling, darling. Weep cute project and I can't wait to d/l the pdf and get crackin' on it!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

First, I love ALL the scarf sets they are beautiful! What a terrific collaboration. But Jane is just melting my heart, those eyes and ears. Goodness, she has here own quilt already??? I think she is in really good hands! Lucky girl.

11:43 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Hi Jane!. . . So you are what has been keeping your Mom so busy!. . . You are a cutie-pie & I know that your mom loves you very much . . . & now we can see why!
Tell your mom that maybe you might have a little Min-Pin (miniature pincher) . . . if you are a mix. . . You certainly have the markings (& the cute ears!) for one!
Oh, . .. also. . . tell your mom that a girl needs more than one quilt. . . I mean - what's a girl to do when one is in the wash? . . . Also - tell Mom to keep post lots & lots of photos of you! xo, Bren (& Bailey)

1:14 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Jane is so lucky and you are so lucky to have found her! Her ears are tooooo cute!! Ya just can't stand it. I am looking forward to seeing more Jane posts!

1:32 PM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

Cute girly stuff! Love it. And adorable dog! She's looks a lot like my chihuahua - I had a rescued one when I was a kid, and I've been hooked ever since.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Jane is such a cutie! :)

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute little puppy!

And ... the scarf sets are darling. As a matter of fact I bought that very same book at Michaels last week!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Penni Domikis said...

We just adopted two new dogs ourselves. You can check out my blog. Jane is the sweetest ever. Good for her that she found you. I think she's part satellite dish.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I'm so happy you have Jane. She's a doll and you are a saint for rescueing her. We're still searching for my daughter's dog so I appreciate that much more what you have done.

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh E, your diggity dog is so adorable!

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth-
Thanks a million for the information on the crocheted flowers. I'm so excited about making them.

Jane's very cute. Looking forward to seeing the flowers she crochets. I'm doubting my chickens can do as well as her.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Jane is really beautiful. You're so wonderful to give her a loving home.

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, those are the cutest scarf and hat sets ever!!! I ran right out to Tarjez and bought some for myself!! I don't know when I'll get around to making them, but when I'm ready....hey, I've got them!!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Awwww...Jane is so cute!!!! What a precious little bundle to swoon over!

Becky

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older