Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Taking a break!



Whew! There's still lots to do before we leave next week, but sometimes you just have to get out for a bit.
This morning Pam and I headed for Daly City to the super awesome Daiso store.
I was determined to be brave and not grab a shopping basket--if I couldn't carry it in my hands, it would have to stay on the shelf. Even though pretty much everything is $1.50, when you get enough useless goodies, the total at the register can be rather shocking.
Anyway, would you like to see some of the things I found??

Check out these clothespins!



And this is TAPE!! Beautiful, rose covered TAPE!! Who knows how well it sticks...who cares?



Speaking of tape, how adorable are these little tape dispensers? I'm a sucker for tiny things like that. I love the "OK" stamp...I'll have to find out what the one in the middle says. Maybe I can use it.



Here's an adorable Cath Kidston-esque paper lantern. Couldn't pass that up.



Finally, when you go to Daiso, be sure to have some quarters for the Hello Kitty vending machine!



P.S. Hope you enjoyed the sneak peek at my new patterns featuring the newest Lecien fabrics.

16 Comments:

Blogger laurie said...

OH MY! I had to look up Daiso on wikipedia. They only have stores in the bay area and in Washington state. It looks like it might be worth a trip across the country to browse through one. Wow!

5:54 PM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Love the cute goodies. . . but I really love what the cute goodies are on! Can't wait to see them!!! (& you!)
xo, Bren

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brat! That's so not fair! I'm an instant gratification kind of girl.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

I loved that store when we went a couple years ago. Spent wayyyy tooo much on that 1.25 stuff. lol
Love your new projects.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to make me not be a No reply but not doing so well at it. Dang it.

9:51 PM  
Blogger LizzyHouse said...

I'm so jealous of you girls. I really want to go to Daiso :( I'm also sad that I won't see either of you next week...

10:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now why isn't there one of those great stores on the east coast??? Yes, I was drooling over the backdrops for all your finds. Can't wait to see them all!

5:43 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Oh i definately caught the sneak peak. Yes, I'm a freak for Japanese goods but the quilts caught my eyes first. The patterns and fabrics look lovely. You'll be a hit at Market. And now . . . I've got to find those clothespins!!!!

7:49 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

Oh my gosh those quilt peeks are killing me with cuteness! WOW. Hope we get to see them in all their glory SOON!

8:53 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

GASP. Love the goodies. Love them even more with your beautiful quilts behind them. I gasped as I clicked on each photo.

Dying over the Cath Kidston-esque paper lantern! I'm soooooooooooooooooo doing the 5 r/t to go my Daiso. Though I'd much rather be at Daiso with you and Pam... and in Newark!

Happy yesterday, E!

10:35 AM  
Anonymous laurie - magpie ethel said...

I love Daiso stores...there are a couple in Seatlle that I hit when I go up there. I love the rose covered tape. I am always a sucker for their cupcake papers and such. Great shop!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Kim Brackett said...

Love your loot! But I'm really loving the quilts underneath! Can't wait to see your new patterns!

7:22 PM  
Anonymous barbara@quiltsoup said...

Oh those little projects are wonderful. Can you just open them up so I can get a better look? That Lecien knows what they are doing and so do you!

5:34 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Drooling over the sweetness!! I am going on a road trip!!!!!

I spy some cute quilts......!!!

Happy Mother's Day!

xx
Becky

10:01 AM  
Anonymous tammyCA said...

Oh, my kinda store...but, why does it have to be far away? The paper laterns are to die for...can't believe only $1.50! And, your colorful quilt - wow - so lovely!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

.....a "hello Kitty" vending machine ?!?!?!!! how PURRRFECT !! (and the quilts are pretty purrfect too!)

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older