Wednesday, May 20, 2009

To market, to market!



First of all you'll have to excuse the quality of the photos here. Unlike SOME people, I do not have a fancy camera. But we'll make do, right?

Pam
and I stayed outside of downtown Pittsburgh...about a half hour away. Neither one of us had ever been here before and we were both pleasantly surprised. Somehow I'd imagined a grimy old industrial city...if it's there, we sure didn't see it. Coming into the city from the airport we drove thru lots of lush, green open space. As soon as you get thru the tunnel, you're in a different world--and it really is quite lovely.




Bridges everywhere...and the water was so sparkly and smooth.




I love it when you can find design inspiration while sitting in a car.



Heading back to the hotel is where I got my biggest shock...can you believe this???

8 Comments:

Blogger rachel griffith said...

hahahahahaha melvin for supreme court.
that's awesome!!!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I felt home sick seeing your picture of the Fort Pitt tunnel. I grew up in Greentree and went through that tunnel every day to work downtown. I am always thrilled by the view when you come out of the tunnel- the 3 rivers and city! Glad you had fun at Market.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Have to say I had so much fun with the posts from You and Pam from Pittsburgh! Thanks so much!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

I'm glad you enjoyed Pittsburgh. I grew up outside of the city and my youngest went to Pitt. I love to return there for a visit.

12:54 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Coming through that tunnel was like entering Oz!!! All technicolor and shiney! Just amazing.

And who knew Melvin had career aspirations.

1:31 PM  
Blogger strawberrycream39 said...

Melvin, that rascal. He must lead a double life. He's got my vote!

5:45 PM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

The Melvin sign is a RIOT! And I love how you jux'd his face on to it. You must have screamed when you saw the sign!

11:11 AM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

Love that designwork on the bridge too!

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older