Thursday, May 21, 2009

quilts and people and stuff

I'll try not to gloat too much--but how many places are out there where you can meet with friends and see wonderful new things? That's Quilt Market.

I know you've seen lots of pics of the Minick and Simpson booth and there's a good reason for that--it was wonderful! I've designed a couple of patterns using their fabrics before and Pam has stitched up a couple of bags using their new "Wiscasset"
line and they both looked really elegant.



Here's Pam getting all giddy over the vintage cherry fabric that Laurie gave her.



Next up was Miss Rosie's booth, where yes, Pam got another gift.



I just love Carrie's patterns...I own several and have even begun a couple. Which will be finished someday. Really. Carrie has blogged about losing her voice and it's no wonder...everyone wants to stop by and talk to her! I wanted better shots of her booth but every time I tried to go back it was filled with customers.

Had to stop and swoon at the Fig Tree booth...Joanna has done it again--each Market I think her latest is the best, but I've been wrong each time. This one is: "Mill House Inn".



Can't wait to get my hands on it. Nicole already has--just look at how gorgeous this quilt is!Joanna is famous for her very unique palette, but you probably don't know the lengths to which she will go. I can tell you that even her lunch consists only of the Fig Tree colors--the lettuce in her salad was just the right green, and the croutons, chicken, and dressing coordinated as well. I really wanted to take a picture, but she wouldn't let me.
See that gorgeous hatbox Joanna made? She got quite creative with it while I was there but again, she wouldn't let me take a picture. What's up with that.
She did permit me to take her picture with Pam.



Another favorite booth is always Kay's. Yes, she's got terrific new patterns and I'm vowing to make each one. We'll see how that goes. Anyway, I'm sure she'd love to punch me every time I go on and on about how freaking adorable she is, but isn't she?? I mean, really! Here she is modeling her new "Catherine Coat" out of the new French General fabric...the details are amazing--look at the buttons! I do believe that's the "Sabrina Tunic" she's wearing underneath.



Kay wanted you to see the detail on the back of the coat--that's just one of the many variations in the pattern.



The convention center was divided in half, with quilts displayed in the middle. When I've had a booth I've never had a chance to see the exhibits, so this was a nice treat. Here's a couple of my favorite quilts from the Country Living Classics exhibit:

"Red Owls" by Karin Peirce



and "Wild Geese" by Joan Leahy Blanchard. I've always been especially drawn to quilts like this one--my favorite part of quilt making is working with picky little pieces.



Final pic is of some goodies I picked up while walking the aisles...I adore these vintage buttons--I SO should have gotten a few more.



Stopped by Holly's booth--I'm glad it's been thoroughly blogged because I didn't think to get a photo--the new line of fabric is just beautiful. As is this chocolate bar, which I'm relieved didn't melt on the way home. (It was 108 degrees here on Sunday!!)

I think that pretty much covers it from here...but stay tuned because there will be giveaways and kit information coming soon.

10 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

That's right darnit!!!! Friends and fabric and fun. And food. And candy. And I love how everyone has different photos to enjoy.

8:41 AM  
Blogger rachel griffith said...

absolutely...looks like a great time indeed.

that little red owl quilt is SOOO adorable.

9:12 AM  
Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

Wow looks like a brill time, and what a fantastic place...... oh how I wish I could of tagged along...

x

9:30 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Cute cute stuff. Love the lake house candy bar. Love the owls. Love he pics of pam.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Vickie E said...

wonderful stuff..thank you for all the pictures!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Great post!!! I loved all of the pictures, and loved the fun tidbits about market as well!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, so tons of pictures of PKM, but where are the pictures of you? You know how much we love PKM (she looks so happy in all the pictures), but you have to step out from behind the camera. Great photos!

4:53 AM  
Blogger Jodi Nelson said...

Awesome pics Elizabeth! Those buttons are cute! ooxx`jodi

7:18 AM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

I love the recap and the photos, E!

11:10 AM  
Anonymous seamsdelightful said...

Wow what stunning quilts! How fun all the pics look..and pamkittymorning really stole the show this year!
Thanks for all the great pics

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older