Tuesday, June 23, 2009

fig pig

Yes, as Pam has already reported, yesterday was a fun day. I spent quite a few hours playing with new Moda precuts under Pam's "guidance". Perhaps more accurately, she bossed me around, kept up with her peeps on her sidekick, and I worked.

And gave her pie.

But in all seriousness, it was a lot of fun and we're both looking forward to showing you what we've come up with! Since it's a Moda Bake Shop project, the unveiling will be over there...and hopefully real soon. Pam did take pity on me (sort of) and took the project home to do one of the finishing up steps.

So I can't show you what I worked on yesterday, but I can show you what I made over the weekend!

Pam finds the coolest stuff on etsy, and when she sent me the link to this pattern I knew I would have to make a Melvin block!



Haven't done paper piecing in years...it's fun, but not something I'd want to do every day. This particular block has over 80 pieces, which I'm thinking may possibly be more than the original Melvin has. I wanted him to work somehow in my Sisboom Room, but it was obvious the pig fabrics would have to come from someplace else.



So again I've been saved by one of my favorite fabric designers! Thanks, Joanna, for making Melvin a part of your palette!



I'll have to find better eyes for him--these aren't quite right but it's what I had on hand.

So it's back upstairs for me today to take care of a couple of little bonus features for our latest creation!

22 Comments:

Blogger little acorns said...

Oh my goodness! I applaud your taking on a block with 80 pieces! Wow! (I would have cut out the picture of it and admired it. . . I can be so lazy sometimes!) But Melvin is definitely worth it!
(I am cracking up over you & Pam posting photos of each other. . . thanks for keeping me smiling!)
xo, Bren

11:20 AM  
Blogger Kelly O. said...

in.cred.i.ble.
really.
AWESOME!

11:58 AM  
Blogger rachel griffith said...

oh my heavens.
that is SO stinkin' adorable.

i'm totally jealous over this pie. i saw the recipe and i SO have to make it.
like yesterday.
:)

12:23 PM  
Blogger Lisa D. said...

That is the cutest piggy ever!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Melvin in fabric is super cute! But not quite as cuddly as the real thing. The likeness is phenomenal.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

While I would never attempt Melvin's image in that many pieces (sheesh!) I do love it. What a sweet sweet project. Piggies are dear to my heart. Sounds like fun goings on there. Can't wait to see the unveil at the bakeshop.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Vickie E said...

super cute

2:53 PM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

Hahahahaha... cracking up at what you named Pam's photo... "bossy.jpg". And the Melvin block... that is just too cool!

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gotta say it, UBER CUTE!!!!

lizzie Swinney

3:49 PM  
Blogger strawberrycream39 said...

I love it. Wow, 80 pieces?? I thought that had to be a typo til I saw the picture. It is Melvin in quilt form. Hysterical that it has more pieces that the actual Melvin. Awesome work!

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Cindy said...

You block is just too cute!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha -- how perfect that you have a Melvin block! Can't wait to see what you and Pam have worked up for Moda!

5:02 AM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

That is just so danged cute! I love him!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I'm grinning from ear to ear! This is the cutest Melvin quilt!!! Joanna's fabrics work perfectly with the Sis Boom. Hey, did you finish that chair yet?

Bossy....??? LOL! I love Pam's pink contraption!

xx
bec

7:30 AM  
Blogger Quilt Monkey said...

That block turned out wonderfully!! I love to paper piece (I think I'm the only one), but that many pieces can be quite tedious. Well done. Can't wait to see the Moda Bake Shop project!

Kathy

9:29 AM  
Anonymous TerryG said...

That is the cutest block ever! I commend you for making an 80 piece block.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous joanna said...

I think I can say in absolute honesty that that is easily the most unique block my fabrics have ever participated in!

Nice job Missie!

joanna

8:57 PM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

Look at that Pam sitting there all snooty and bossy ..... like she's the Queen Bee and you're the worker bee !!!!

P.S. CUTE CUTE Melvin block!!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Melvin is sooo cute. Man that was a lot of piecing.

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Lisa @celebrate CREATIVITY said...

Too adorable. I love this patterna and the fabaric selections are perfect. Great project and a pleasure to browse.

8:29 AM  
Blogger T@iy@ said...

Oh! I love that block! Have sweet... :)

6:40 PM  
Blogger Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

that block is soo cute! and your mbs skirt is adorable! ...will you and PKM being going to quilt festival in long beach? i'd love to meet the two of you!

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older